General
   >> Email
Thread views: 9260 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

magicka
(stranger )
03/28/03 02:02 PM
Auction Lots - Email Button  

When Im in the Auction Lots window and I hit the Email Button, the sdisplay changes to show two windows, one with Sent Messages one with Received messages.
Shouldnt these windows show any messages that are associated with that auction lot?
None of my auction lots show any email messages even though i have plenty of emails associated with invoices.
What am i missing here?

thanks

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
03/28/03 03:24 PM
Re: Auction Lots - Email Button new [re: magicka]  

Email messages are not normally associated with Auction Lots. The only email messages that you might want to associate with Auction Lots are those to/from potential bidders.

Email messages to/from your buyers should be associated with their Invoices. Look on the "Email" tab on the Invoices window to see the email messages that are associated with your Invoices.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

magicka
(stranger )
03/28/03 06:37 PM
Re: Auction Lots - Email Button new [re: AuctionWizard]  

ok, i understand the difference between the auction lots and invoices. but i was thinking that it would make sense if all messages refering to that lot, including those associated with its invoice would be seen in the auction lots window (?)

thanks for the quick reply

rodgw
(Unregistered)
03/31/03 07:23 PM
Re: Auction Lots - Email Button new [re: magicka]  

You can associate any email to an auction lot if you want. But, you have to do it by hand.
If the email has the eBay auction ID number in it. Highlight it, right mouse button click on it, choose "find auction ID". This will open a secondary window in the bottom half of your screen. In the menu choices is a finger pointing up. Click on that. A window will open up asking if you want to associate that email with that lot. Click yes.
I use to do this a lot. But after awhile I decided it was a lot of extra time involved for no real benifit. It is the invoice association that is the most improtant - to me anyways.
Hope this helps
rodgw

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads