General
   >> Email
Thread views: 17676 *Threaded Mode

gndp
(Unregistered)
05/09/03 10:12 AM
clickable link to paypal  

Hello, I don't use eBay checkout or PayPal automatic notificatiions, so I'd like to add a link in my EOA email to the winning bidder so they can go straight to PayPal and not have to fill in all the details themselves. Could someone please tell me what I need to put in my emails to make that happen. Thanks very much.

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
05/10/03 03:22 AM
Re: clickable link to paypal new [re: gndp]  

I can't take credit for this - someone else on this board gave me this idea:

In the Invoice Footer section of my notification email I use:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=your@paypal-email-address.com&item_name=Ebay+Auction(s)&item_number=Invoice+<#InvoiceNumber>&amount=$<#TotalDue f=u>

replace the "your@paypal-email-address,com" with your paypal email address. The best part is that this creates a paypal link for all of the auction items on the invoice, plus s/h, and includes the invoice number so the paypal email receipt is automatically associated correctly in aw2k.

Rich

gndp
(Unregistered)
05/10/03 05:57 PM
Re: clickable link to paypal new [re: Tradeguy]  

Thanks for the information tradeguy. I tried it out and it didn't work. It was only clickable until the end of the word auction(s) then it was just regular text. I sent it to myselft to test it out, and when you get to paypal throught the clickable link there is nothing in the amount field on paypal. Thanks if you can help.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
05/10/03 06:39 PM

Give this a try.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=your@paypal-email-address.com&item_name=Ebay+Auction(s)&item_number=Invoice+<#InvoiceNumber>&amount=$<#TotalDueNoTax f=u>

rodgw

gndp
(Unregistered)
05/10/03 07:33 PM
Re: clickable link to paypal new [re: rodgw]  

That one didn't work either...same thing...goes from blue clickable to black reg text after the word auction(s)...thanks for trying.

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
05/11/03 07:35 AM

I send this link out with every notification email, and on my system, the link remains clickable even though it's been split between lines. One thing to check is spaces - there should be no spaces anywhere in the link.

I think the AW2K guys mentioned something about email line breaks before - that it's not because of AW2K, but something to do with the mail handling in Windows. I run Windows 2000 - maybe that's why it works for me. I send a copy of every notification back to myself in Outlook, and the link remains in tact. I also get a fair number of customers using the links, so they must work (at least some of the time).

Rich

nos_grunt
(Unregistered)
05/22/03 00:06 AM

Has anyone come up with an updated paypal/ebay checkout link? Aw2k team - got any suggestions?
Thanks!

magicka
(newbie)
06/10/03 11:40 AM

i just tried this because lately there have been a lot of new users who seem to be having trouble figuring out how to use paypal but the problem is the same or similar for me.

at the end of the link there is a space before "f=u>" and that breaks the clickable link. the link does take the user to paypal and uses my ID but thats it.

has anyone found a way around this to make it work? it would be extremely helpful.

thanks!

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
06/10/03 11:58 AM
Re: clickable link to paypal new [re: magicka]  

Actually, no. There is no space at that point - that's an AW2K variable that is translated by AW2K prior to being output to your email handler.

Here is what I mean.

In your email template you have:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=ebay@tradeguy.com&item_name=Ebay+Auction(s)&item_number=Invoice+<#InvoiceNumber>&amount=$<#TotalDue f=u>

Which translate to something like this:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=ebay@tradeguy.com&item_name=Ebay+Auction(s)&item_number=Invoice+1781&amount=$7.50

The end result has no spaces, and should not be a broken link. I generate this link in every auction notification email and far as I can tell, it's only broken by software used by MAC users and perhaps AOL. I send 2 copies of my emails to different accounts on different ISP's, and all the links are intact. About 1 in 10 buyers actually use the link...

Magica - send me your email address and I'll send you an email with the link. You tell me if it's broken ;-)

Rich
rich@e-pins.com

magicka
(newbie)
06/10/03 01:20 PM

after i typed that i realized that probably wouldnt show up, but i always like to test things before i use them and so i was trying to figure out a way to fake it to myself so i could see it in action

thanks
oh and if you have a dummy link yeah i wouldnt mind seeing it :) magicka-ebay@hvc.rr.com

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads