>> Email
Thread views: 9844 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

StainedGlassStuf
(stranger )
07/07/03 09:56 AM
Figure Sales Tax  

Greetings,

I am trying to edit an email template to say:

If you live in Texas, your total is (Calculate invoice total here) with (Calculate 8.25% sales tax on invoice total here) added.

example:
If you live in Texas, your total is $108.25 with $8.25 sales tax added.

I cannot seem to get this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Lloyd

junkyjanet
(stranger )
07/07/03 04:18 PM
Re: Figure Sales Tax new [re: StainedGlassStuf]  

1. Select the "tools" menu, Select the "Email Template Manager".

2. Select the template you want to edit.

3. Where you have "Calculate Invoice total here" insert the following field by selecting "insert invoice field" and then selecting "Total Due>>unformatted"

4. To insert the sales tax amount go back to the insert invoice field and select "invoice sales tax>>unformatted"

Hope this does it. Test it before you mail it to someone. ;)

Bloggin about Ebay :D

StainedGlassStuf
(stranger )
07/09/03 06:37 PM
Re: Figure Sales Tax new [re: junkyjanet]  

Thanks for the reply Janet.

I found the things you are talking about but I am trying to calculate the tax but not add it to the invoice total. Kinda like an information thing. I guess I would like to have the tax calculated in case the customer lives in Texas so they do not have to do it. Seems that AW2K will only calculate the tax if it is going to add it to the invoice.

Lloyd

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
07/10/03 10:32 AM
Re: Figure Sales Tax new [re: StainedGlassStuf]  

Sales tax can be computed and shown in an email message to a winning bidder without adding the tax to the Invoice total. Set the fields on the Invoice as though the Invoice were taxable (i.e. select a Tax Profile for the Invoice and make sure that the Invoice Items have a check in their Taxable column), but leave the Taxable checkbox on the Invoice unchecked. Sales tax is not applied to the Invoice until the Taxable checkbox on the Invoice has a check in it.

To show what the sales tax would be in an email message to a winning bidder, use the "Computed Sales Tax" field tag in the Email Template you use for notifying winning bidders (Insert Invoice Field | Computed Sales Tax on the Email Template Editor's menu bar). Here's an example of how you might show the sales tax on the "Invoice Footer" on an Email Template:

If you are a resident of Texas, please add <#CompSalesTax f=nc> for sales tax.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads