General
   >> Email
Thread views: 10890 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

lee005
(stranger )
04/21/02 07:27 PM
show headers on out mail  

How can I get the headers on my messages that are in my out box. Am currently filing for an investigation with ebay but need to send the emails with headers, no problem from the in box but can't find a way to get them in the out box.
I need them or else eBay won't accept my messages as valid.
What is the trick?
Marsha

alsorts
(stranger )
04/22/02 08:09 AM
Re: show headers on out mail new [re: lee005]  

Hi Marsh,

When you have the message open from your Inbox, in the menu bar click on "Messages" -> "Show Raw Source". Then highlight and copy the whole message. Reply to the message and paste in copied Info into the message.

Hope this helps.

Bob

lee005
(stranger )
04/22/02 08:39 AM
Re: show headers on out mail new [re: alsorts]  

It is not the in-box that I need or have problems with the headers it is the messages in my outbox that I sent to a buyer that I need the headers on and cannot find anyway to get them. Ebay demands these headers and I can't get at them from the OUT box

AntiqueComplex
(stranger )
04/22/02 03:03 PM
Re: show headers on out mail new [re: lee005]  

The e-mail in your outbox does not contain headers. As an e-mail passes through the internet, it records server/domain information. The e-mail you see in your outbox is just a copy, the actual e-mail has already been sent. That e-mail will then record header information as it travels to its destination. Only the recipient is abble to view a header.

lee005
(stranger )
04/22/02 07:54 PM
Re: show headers on out mail new [re: AntiqueComplex]  

Thanks for the info, learn something new everyday.
I just received 4 negatives that I am fighting to get removed, the user never paid but left me negatives when I filed for refunds from eBay, so I had to send copies of all 7 emails I sent to her plus her 1 angry reply. First negatives I have had what a bummer and she got kicked off eBay anyway.
Something is wrong when they can still leave you negatives even though they are in the wrong. 127 bid retractions in one week plus didn't pay the other sellers either.
I think it was that point thing that is going on.
Thanks again for the info.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads