General
   >> Email
Thread views: 9862 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Serenity
(stranger )
12/02/03 12:47 PM
Error Code 3 and SMTP  

Due to an open-relay a few days back I had my SMTP mail server temporarily turned off. That problem has since been corrected and email will work in Outlook Express but not in AW2000.

I keep getting this message in AW2000:
----------------------------------------
Unknown SMTP error (Socket error 10035). Reply from server: "550 5.0.0 <info@auctionwizard2000.com>... OPEN RELAY/SPAM Error: STARBAND HAS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED YOUR ACCESS TO THE OUTGOING EMAIL SERVER. Please visit www.starband.net/support/OpenRelay.asp or call 1-800-4StarBand for information on how to remove this block.".
Error Code 3
----------------------------------------

My pop3 server is my mail for my ebay ID, mail.serenitys-treasures.com and my SMTP server is my Starband ISP. I cannot use the checkmark in SMTP Authorization because I have 2 different passwords and user names for each account.

I've been pulling my hair out over all this, and I'm just about ready to "ditch" the entire program since I can no longer send out my End of Auction emails from AW2000. Now I have one more step to notify winners of my auctions, and that is not a good thing because of the time factor. It would take just as long to use ebay's listing pages and their EOA's. Guess they want to get rid of people, those with problems, because I'm sure ebay is driving support nutso with all their changes.

Serenity

To err is human, but you need a computer to REALLY make a mess of it!!!
The Trade Route ~~ Graphics

Tradeguy
(member)
12/03/03 11:42 AM
Re: Error Code 3 and SMTP new [re: Serenity]  

Why is "info@auctionwizard2000.com" (aw2k tech email) as part of the SMTP error?

If you have 2 seperate email addresses you are checking, then you need 2 seperate email account setup in aw2k - each would have it's own username and password. Try them with and without smtp authorization.

Also...does incoming AND outgoing mail work with Outlook?

I'd check over your SMTP setting in aw2k very carefully - and make sure the "test" button works for incoming and outgoing.

Serenity
(stranger )
12/04/03 07:55 AM
Re: Error Code 3 and SMTP new [re: Tradeguy]  

I have no idea why "info@auctionwizard2000.com" is a part of the SMTP error message, all I know is it "just is"!

Thom has me using a "workaround" for the emails at this time, and that's ok. Not as time consuming as having to copy and paste into my send email in OE. They both used to work before in AW2000, then one day POOF, they quit working as they had been for almost 2 years.

Mail works fine in Outlook Express.

To err is human, but you need a computer to REALLY make a mess of it!!!
The Trade Route ~~ Graphics

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads