General
   >> Email
Thread views: 7460 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/18/04 11:27 PM
Handling handling fees  

My question involves using the Alternate total fields in email. As I understand it, the Alternate total field tags are meant to replace the insurance and sales tax figures, so you can get a total that includes something like a handling fee or whatever figure you put in the User 5 or User 6 boxes.

I can get the handling fee added to the SubTotal (the winning bid), but I can't find a way to get THAT total to include the Shipping cost, in other words, a "grand total."

I add a handling fee to international sales. Here are the basics of my transaction:
Subtotal: 5.00
Shipping: 9.00
Handling: 2.00
Total Due: 16.00

Here's my email template with three different tags just to see what happens (to make it easier to read, I've omitted the column-alignment parts of the tags; also omitted the brackets):

"To complete this transaction, please send an international money order for
#TotalDueNoTax ~ #AltTotal ~ #AltTotalNoUser6
which INCLUDES #ShippingCost for #ShipVia plus my handling fee for international sales."

This results in:

"To complete this transaction, please send an international money order for
$ 14.00 ~ $ 7.00 ~ $ 7.00
which INCLUDES $ 9.00 for Global Priority plus my handling fee for international sales."

As you can see, #TotalDueNoTax is the sum of the Subtotal + Shipping, and #AltTotal and #AltTotalNoUser6 are both the sum of the Subtotal + the Handling Fee. But I can't find any combination that results in the sum of all three figures. Considering how powerful and full-featured AW is, you'd think there'd be a way to ADD User 5 or User 6 to the Subtotal INCLUDING SHIPPING.

Please copy replies to emailshere@convexation.com

Thank you, tictictic on eBay

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads