General
   >> Email
Thread views: 9050 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ZZisMe
(stranger )
04/23/04 07:40 AM
Customers Not getting notices  

I am having problems with some customers claiming they are not getting their invoices from me. I am only now seeing that it is mostly AOL customers.
When I send a late notice, or file a NPB with ebay, I get nasty emails from them telling me they never got a notice from me. This could lead to negative feedback. I'm a seasoned seller, and at first I just excused this as typical response from a non paying bidder, but now I see it's more than that.
It is not only with slow paying customers, sometimes I get multiple requests for payment info when I've sent a notice to them already! I have never gotten any returned undeliverable.
Is anyone else having this problem? How do I know who is getting my invoices and who is not? Can this be fixed? Any input would be appreciated.

Tradeguy
(member)
04/23/04 05:07 PM
Re: Customers Not getting notices new [re: ZZisMe]  

Most likely it has nothing to do with AW2K. I send out all email with a CC: to another email account so I know that the mail is going out. AOL is - by far - the worst for non-receipt of emails. The problem is always on the AOL end - usually a spam filter.

When I have an AOL user that doesn't seem to be communicating, I write them a short note with my regular Outlook and ask them if they are getting my invoices.

Rich

Peter Leeflang
(Unregistered)
05/14/04 11:06 AM
Re: Customers Not getting notices new [re: ZZisMe]  

I have the same problem since a couple of days. It is entirely an AOL-spam filter issue and usually gets worse when they come out with a new version and tighten the reins, which also affects older versions of AOL's software!
--------------------------------
AOL BUYERS OR INQUIRERS:

This is a recent development: You may not receive all my emails anymore. A lot of the Ebay email sent to AOL users goes straight to your SPAM folder, without you knowing it or having set your email that way.

AOL did this by recently setting your spam filter to default in every version of AOL software (so also your old AOL version). You may not see that since old versions have no spam folder on the desk top. To resolve this: log into AOL, go to mail, then at the bottom of that box is a spam folder and then make all the emails there that you needed "Not Spam". You are loosing many important emails, not only MY emails.

So check your spam folder for my Ebay messages/replies.

The only way sellers nowadays can cope with this is by posting a warning in their Ebay ads. Here is the warning I post. It is a tweaked version from what other sellers do. feel free to use it.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads