General
   >> Email
Thread views: 11287 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Kirk
(stranger )
10/25/05 08:11 PM
Email body missing when requesting user info  

When I request ebay user info the body is missing from the message. after an hour with ebay chat support. I found out that ebay sends a html file attached to the email. I tried forwarding the message to outlook but it is missing the html attachement. AW reader does not show this attachment either.

I finally figured it out by reading the email in a browser before downloading it to AW

Question is is there any wayfor the reader to display that there is an attachment so that it can be opened in a browserfrom AW

If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you
Matthew 17:20

Kirk

Kirk
(stranger )
10/26/05 05:18 AM
Re: Email body missing when requesting user info new [re: Kirk]  

Correctionto my first post the attachment is a text file not html

If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you
Matthew 17:20

Kirk

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
10/26/05 11:45 AM

You can change the format of emails sent by eBay. Go to your My eBay page and click the "Preferences" link in the "My Account" area. When the Preferences page is shown, click the "Edit" link in the "Notification Preferences" area. When the Notification Preferences page is shown scroll down to the "Preferred format for emails" and select the "Text-only emails" option, then click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Kirk
(stranger )
11/07/05 07:50 AM

Ok, I changed the preference to text emails. And i still only get this.

Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:38:47 -0800
To: mymail@mymail.com
Subject: eBay User Information Request

Has any one requested contact ifo and been able to read it with AW?

Thanks

Kirk

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
11/07/05 10:29 AM

If emails from eBay are not in text only format after you changed your email preferences at eBay, then you should contact eBay to find out why.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/09/05 02:25 PM
Re: Email body missing when requesting user info new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Hello, I know I am a little late responding to this post... but the way I handle those specific emails... is to view the email's raw source.

You will have to weed through the html coding... but it will be there in plain text :0)

I hope this helps!
Mrs. Guru

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
01/12/06 00:58 AM
Re: Email body missing when requesting user info new [re: AuctionWizard]  

This has long been a problem -- when you request Contact Information, the email arrives in HTML code (this is the only eBay-generated email I get that isn't in plain text). I've contacted eBay Support and received basically the same instructions as The Auction Wizard Team posted here. I've always had my eBay email Preferences set for text, and I've reset the Preference a few times, but this hasn't fixed the problem with the Contact Info emails. Telling eBay about this is a waste of time. They just assume you must be misguided in some way.

The contact info is there of course -- you just have to forward the email to yourself and delete all the extraneous stuff before you send it.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads