General
   >> Email
Thread views: 30807 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/04/06 12:29 PM
Re: SPAM out of control new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

The greylisting works very well. Since you have a parked domain with pair.com, you should have the default email account as well.

You might log into your pair.com account and go to the email management section. Is there a email address at the top that states all Global settings and emails will be sent to this email address? It should be right at the top.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/04/06 12:34 PM

Sue:

Greylisting is very good at filtering out Spam. You should see a big difference in the amount of garbage coming into your inbox. It will be dramatically different I'm sure considering the amount of spam you talked about earlier.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/05/06 02:16 PM
Re: SPAM out of control new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Just letting you know this is working beautifully. Thanks again for the help and suggestions. The folks at this forum are amazing!

With my SPAM controls set to Forgiving (the options are Light, Forgiving, Default, Aggressive, and Very Aggressive), I'm now getting very few junk emails in AW, and what does come in has **JUNK** added to the subject line and goes directly to the Trash (per my newest filter), so I can easily check for anything I want to actually open before dumping the Trash every couple days. The only stuff that gets through are things that I haven't seen before -- new scams, new schemes, new spam-creep ideas. And I suppose, even if one does nothing, these newest schemes will soon be added to Pair.com's craplist.

Nice to feel like I have a bit of control over this annoyance.

Thanks again, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/05/06 02:37 PM

Sue,

That is great!! I thought you might like the pair.com junk mail filter. I have mine set to forgiving as well. And it sure works nicely. And then if something goes into the default box that shouldn't be, I just move it. Another reason to use pair.com for image hosting. The email service is really really good. It hasn't been down but once in the last few years. And the 1 time it was down was in the wee hours of the morning. It was fixed in less than a hour.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/09/06 01:08 PM
Re: SPAM out of control new [re: bluepennylady]  

A belated reply:

Yes, Pair.com is extremely reliable. I have their server-status announcements sent to my other email address in Outlook, where I have a Rule (filter) set up to discard anything that doesn't mention my particular mail/web server and to save to a folder any that pertain to bellat ("my" server -- actually shared by about a hundred other folks). I think it's been well over a year since any mail was sent to that folder. And the last time there was a server malfunction, it lasted only about an hour.

Sue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads