General
   >> Email
Thread views: 33576 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
windquest
(stranger )
09/24/06 05:30 AM
moving to trash folder  

Hi

I some how moved some of my email from my AW2000 inbox to the trash folder and would like to move some more but don't remember how I did it before.

Also can the email filter be used to select what is allowed in as opposed to trying to block out unwanted junk. Seems to me that it would be a lot easier to allow in the few types of emails than to try to block an unlimited variety of combinations.

Thanks

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/24/06 05:43 AM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

Not a problem. Done that myself before

Go to the appropriate Trash folder, Sent, received. Click on the email(s) that you wish to restore, Right click. A pop up menu appears. Select Move to Folder and then select what folder you want to move the email(s) to.

About the "filters". AW2K filters do not "block" email. The filters are used to configure what folder, including the trash can folder, the email goes when email is checked. You set the parameters for the email. So even if something you want to keep gets stuck in the Trash Can folder, you can still restore it back to the Inbox, etc by following the steps outlined above.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
09/24/06 06:04 AM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: bluepennylady]  

Well what I want to do is move junk from my inbox to the trash.
How do I do that.

I am still working on the filters and it looks pretty cool so far.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/24/06 06:17 AM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

There are 2 ays to move email to Trash. You can simply click on one or several emails and highlight blue, Hit Ctrl+Delete. A prompt appears confirming you wish to move the email(s) to Trash.

Or you can highlight the email(s) in blue, right click and select "Delete" from the pop up menu. Either way works. Although, I use the keyboard instead of right click because it is faster for me. But I use keyboard shortcuts most often.

The filters are pretty cool. We use them.

Hope that helps.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/24/06 08:00 AM

Hi:
There is another way you can move a bunch of emails to trash. That is control click on each email you want to send to the trash. Then while holding down the control key dragging the emails to the appropriate trash folder and then as Judy said you will get the message "do you wanna do this". Also if you want to do the same thing to a group that all are one after the other. Shift click on the first one and then scroll down and shift click on the last one and while continuing to hold the shif key drag to the trash

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/24/06 12:37 PM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I just highlight (Shift+click for contiguous mails; Ctrl+click for noncontiguous mails) all the mail I want gone, and then click the WASTEBASKET icon in the upper menu bar.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/24/06 01:36 PM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Alex,

There are so many ways to accomplish a task. Well, you'll just have to try them all and see what you like the very best

Or change around from method to method. Drives my staff up the wall if I change mid-stream and use a different method.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/24/06 03:44 PM

Judy:

Bet that wall has a lot of scratch marks on it.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/24/06 03:59 PM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: AquilaStamps]  

yep there certainly are. Now where did I put the Mr Clean??

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
09/25/06 09:48 AM

I would like all the email to go to the trash except "Notification of an Instant Payment Received", and a few others. How would I set up the email account and filters to accomplish this. There are more but I can figure them out from the first one.

Alex

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads