General
   >> Email
Thread views: 33579 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/25/06 10:10 AM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

I am going on the presumption you only have 1 email account configured in AW2K. If you have more, we can create filters for the other accounts as well.

Go to the "Email" window. Click on "Messages" on the menu along the top. From the drop down menu, select "Filters'

A window appears. The first option along the top of that window is for selecting the email account for which you want to set a filter. So choose an email account.

There is a box along the left side with a "+" sign. You will need to add a filter name there. For every incoming email, you need to create a filter and tell the filter where you want the email to go, which is into the trash. The very last option in the window is "Then move mesage to folder" "Trash can" is already in the menu.

You must configure a filter for every incoming email message that you want trashed. It is the exact same idea as creating Message Rules for Outlook express or Outlook, if that helps any.

Does that make sense and help you??

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
09/25/06 10:19 AM
Re: moving to trash folder new [re: bluepennylady]  

well that's the problem as I see it. How can I possibly create a filter for all the junk mail it receive. It changes all the time. I have set rules in MS outlook that do the job very well though.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/25/06 10:28 AM

Alex,

Okay, I am tracking with you now.

Here is how I handle the junk mail thing. Now I realize this requires an additional step. But I have used this method for 4 years and it works.

First I configured both AW2K and Outlook Express to leave a copy of email on the server.

The first thing we do here in the morning, is load email into Outlook express, not AW2K. We go through the email in Outlook express, delete all unwanted email. After the "Deleted Items" box is emptied then we hit "Send and Receive" again. I have configured all Outlook Express email clients in the network Advanced settings to "Delete email from server when Deleted from the Deleted Items box. So it cleans up everything I don't want retrieved and loaded into AW2K.

Then I have filters for other email such as "Question to seller or ebay member, etc go into a folder, End of auctions go into a folder, Payments go into a folder etc. As we need folders, we will create additional folders. Doing it one at a time as needed, doesn't make it seem so hard. Setting up the first time, can seem a bit overwhelming. But once done, you won't need to do it again.

Do you think that will be helpful to you at all?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
09/25/06 11:09 AM

well that should work for me. It would be nice if I could set the default to dump everything in the junk folder and then use the filters to extract what I want. Would be simplier in the long run. In the meantime I could do it like you do.

Alex

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/25/06 12:20 PM

Alex,

I don't know how your Outlook is configured but in order for my filters to work properly in Outlook, I had to set up rules on an individual basis.

The principle concept behind the email in AW2K is that you load email you want, not that you don't want. Does that make more sense?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/27/06 05:30 AM

Alex,

Have you successfully configured your AW2K email filters to do what you want? Thought I better check.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads