General
   >> Email
Thread views: 50897 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 05:20 AM
Papal email notices  

I am trying to get the email filter to capture the Paypal "Notification of an Instant Payment Received from" and put it in my user folder. How do I set this up? The only way I can get it in there so far is to forward it from my Outlook Express then it captures it ok but I don't want to have to forward them all the time. I have been messing with this for several days now and not getting anywhere with it.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 05:44 AM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

Are your other filters working correctly? And the Paypal emails are the only troublesome emails?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 11:13 AM

Alex,

You might try this for the Paypal payment filters. Use for Headers "subject line" And for text try: "Notification of an Instant payment"

You'll also need to set up a filter for the "You've got cash" payments as well. I don't know what folders you have. Mine all go into a "Payment" folder.

Let me know if that works for you.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 11:30 AM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi

Well I tried that and it doesn't work for me. I used subject ,contains , Notification of an Instant payment and I also used subject, contains, You've got cash and neither one worked. I can forward them from my outlook express and it will work then. I have leave on server set for outlook express so I would think it should work.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 11:41 AM

Hi, Alex,

If you don't mind, can you open the filters up, click on the "notification of an Instant Payment" .

if Header > Subject is that the value of the first field?

"Ignore" is the value of the following field?

Then the next 2 fields are not active?

"Then move message to folder" > is selected to the folder of your choice?

Something I want to be sure I understand so I can help you better. You used the term "user folder" Do you mean you are attempting to separate payments from between Auction profiles? Or you have a single folder for payments?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 12:01 PM

Hi

Yes subject is the value of the first field.
Ignore is the value of the following field
move message to folder (kirkman@triad.rr.com-in box
I have a single folder for my payments

Notice the left bracket before kirkman, is that supposed to be there and if not how do I get rid of it?

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 12:12 PM

Alex,

What is the name of your payment folder?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 12:21 PM

It goes into kirkman@triad.rr.com-in box

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 12:35 PM

Alex,

The kirkman-Inbox is a folder you created?

If the kirkman@triad.rr.com-in box is an email account, have you added that email account in AW2K?

What I am getting at, unless I am not understanding you, is you already have an "In-box" configured in AW2K for each email account. So you cannot create another "In-Box" folder. The folder must have another name. And if the kirkman@triad.rr.com email address is not configured in AW2K so AW2K can read that email address, the email will not load into Aw2K without you forwarding it to an email address that is configured in AW2K. Does that make sense? Or have I totally misunderstood?

You can add as many email addresses as you want to AW2K. I have quite a few email addresses configured in AW2K.

Does this help at all?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 12:48 PM

Judy
kirkman@triad.rr.com is one of my email configured accounts in AW2K. That's also one of the default email address in my filters "move to folder". That's also the email address that Paypal sends my notices to only AW2K doesn't pick them up unless I forward them from Outlook Express to kirkman@triad.rr.com again then AW2K will pick them up. If you want to email your phone # to the above email address that might be easier. Up to you.

thanks

Alex

Alex

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads