General
   >> Email
Thread views: 50903 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 05:20 AM
Papal email notices  

I am trying to get the email filter to capture the Paypal "Notification of an Instant Payment Received from" and put it in my user folder. How do I set this up? The only way I can get it in there so far is to forward it from my Outlook Express then it captures it ok but I don't want to have to forward them all the time. I have been messing with this for several days now and not getting anywhere with it.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 05:44 AM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

Are your other filters working correctly? And the Paypal emails are the only troublesome emails?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 11:13 AM

Alex,

You might try this for the Paypal payment filters. Use for Headers "subject line" And for text try: "Notification of an Instant payment"

You'll also need to set up a filter for the "You've got cash" payments as well. I don't know what folders you have. Mine all go into a "Payment" folder.

Let me know if that works for you.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 11:30 AM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi

Well I tried that and it doesn't work for me. I used subject ,contains , Notification of an Instant payment and I also used subject, contains, You've got cash and neither one worked. I can forward them from my outlook express and it will work then. I have leave on server set for outlook express so I would think it should work.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 11:41 AM

Hi, Alex,

If you don't mind, can you open the filters up, click on the "notification of an Instant Payment" .

if Header > Subject is that the value of the first field?

"Ignore" is the value of the following field?

Then the next 2 fields are not active?

"Then move message to folder" > is selected to the folder of your choice?

Something I want to be sure I understand so I can help you better. You used the term "user folder" Do you mean you are attempting to separate payments from between Auction profiles? Or you have a single folder for payments?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 12:01 PM

Hi

Yes subject is the value of the first field.
Ignore is the value of the following field
move message to folder (kirkman@triad.rr.com-in box
I have a single folder for my payments

Notice the left bracket before kirkman, is that supposed to be there and if not how do I get rid of it?

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 12:12 PM

Alex,

What is the name of your payment folder?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 12:21 PM

It goes into kirkman@triad.rr.com-in box

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 12:35 PM

Alex,

The kirkman-Inbox is a folder you created?

If the kirkman@triad.rr.com-in box is an email account, have you added that email account in AW2K?

What I am getting at, unless I am not understanding you, is you already have an "In-box" configured in AW2K for each email account. So you cannot create another "In-Box" folder. The folder must have another name. And if the kirkman@triad.rr.com email address is not configured in AW2K so AW2K can read that email address, the email will not load into Aw2K without you forwarding it to an email address that is configured in AW2K. Does that make sense? Or have I totally misunderstood?

You can add as many email addresses as you want to AW2K. I have quite a few email addresses configured in AW2K.

Does this help at all?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 12:48 PM

Judy
kirkman@triad.rr.com is one of my email configured accounts in AW2K. That's also one of the default email address in my filters "move to folder". That's also the email address that Paypal sends my notices to only AW2K doesn't pick them up unless I forward them from Outlook Express to kirkman@triad.rr.com again then AW2K will pick them up. If you want to email your phone # to the above email address that might be easier. Up to you.

thanks

Alex

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 01:02 PM

Alex,

I am following you. Try this.

Click on the kirkman@triad.rr.com-InBox.
Then go to Message > Filters. Add a folder named Payment or something that makes sense to you.

Then create the filters to send the Paypal payments that folder as opposed to the Inbox. See if that works. Let me know either way.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 01:15 PM

Same as before, just different box. Its strange that it won't pickup the notice directly from paypal but when I forward it to the same email address it does pick it up and all the setting are the same.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 01:23 PM

Alex,

Is AW2K checking the email for that account? Or are you forwarding the kirkman@triad.rr.com to another email address.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 01:30 PM

Yes AW2K is checking the email address and I am forwarding to kirkman@triad.rr.com and not any other email.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:01 PM

Alex,

In reply to:

Same as before, just different box

What do you mean by a different box? Is the email going into a different box with the new folder and filter settings?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 02:03 PM

aNo

I created another box as u suggested (Paypal pmts.) and now that's where the payments should go if I ever get it to work.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:12 PM

Alex,

Okay, Well let's try one more time. You know the 3rd time is a charm. We'll get it to work. A setting is not correct. I re-did my filters earlier today. Even created a new folder and moved all the incoming payments to that folder. It is working. So something is just not tweaked quite right on your filter settings.

Is the Paypal pymts folder under the email account kirkman@triad.rr.com-Inbox folder?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 02:19 PM

yes it is

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:35 PM

Alex,

Okie dokie. I thought so, just wanted to be sure.

Click on the Inbox for the email account you are trying to create a filter for.

Go to Messages > Filters

When the window opens, be sure kirkman@triad.rr.com is displayed in "Filters for email account"

Click on the "+ Add" button.

Then fill in the fields using the information from before.

if Header field is Subject.
contains > Notification of an Instant payment

Last field Ignore

Then "move message to folder: kirkman@triad.rr.com Paypal payments

Click Close.

I realize you know all the steps but sometimes just seeing the steps in front of you helps find the problem.

When the next payment arrives to your Outlook Express, check the email in Aw2K and let's see if the message will filter into the correct email account folder.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 03:21 PM

Alex,

Something else. Do not use any filter text that changes in the Subject line. For instance, the first filter you specified in your first post was "Notification of an Instant payment from" The next line changes so the filter will not catch it. Change the filter text to terms that are constant such as "Notification of an Instant Payment". That text does not change.

You can't filter the Paypal notice that reads "Item #xxxxxxx Notification of Instant payment" But you can add a filter that will move that email to a specified folder by using the Subject line filter "Notification of Instant payment".

Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/09/06 02:06 PM

Hi Judy

Another problem solved!

The basic problem with my email was that MS outlook was removing the email from the server as soon as it was delivered to me and even before I opened it to read. I had it set not to remove the mail from the server but it kept doing it anyway. I have five other emails accounts and it didn't do that with them. To solve the problem I had to remove the email account and then re-create it. After that everything started to work. The reason the Forward emails worked was AW2K Read them before MS outlook had a chance to receive the emails so they were still on the server. The email settings were correct on AW2K all the time.

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/09/06 02:19 PM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: Anonymous]  

Alex,

congratulations! I wondered about the email configuration late yesterday afternoon when I was driving back home from horseback riding. And was going to email you later today about it. That is great.

Now the million dollar question. Do the filters now work correctly?

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/09/06 03:49 PM

Hi

Yes they work fine now, just like I wanted them to. They just couldn't do anything because there wasn't anything on the server to filter.

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/09/06 03:52 PM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: Anonymous]  

Alex,

great!

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads