General
   >> Email
Thread views: 51421 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 01:02 PM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

I am following you. Try this.

Click on the kirkman@triad.rr.com-InBox.
Then go to Message > Filters. Add a folder named Payment or something that makes sense to you.

Then create the filters to send the Paypal payments that folder as opposed to the Inbox. See if that works. Let me know either way.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 01:15 PM
Re: Papal email notices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Same as before, just different box. Its strange that it won't pickup the notice directly from paypal but when I forward it to the same email address it does pick it up and all the setting are the same.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 01:23 PM

Alex,

Is AW2K checking the email for that account? Or are you forwarding the kirkman@triad.rr.com to another email address.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 01:30 PM

Yes AW2K is checking the email address and I am forwarding to kirkman@triad.rr.com and not any other email.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:01 PM

Alex,

In reply to:

Same as before, just different box

What do you mean by a different box? Is the email going into a different box with the new folder and filter settings?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 02:03 PM

aNo

I created another box as u suggested (Paypal pmts.) and now that's where the payments should go if I ever get it to work.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:12 PM

Alex,

Okay, Well let's try one more time. You know the 3rd time is a charm. We'll get it to work. A setting is not correct. I re-did my filters earlier today. Even created a new folder and moved all the incoming payments to that folder. It is working. So something is just not tweaked quite right on your filter settings.

Is the Paypal pymts folder under the email account kirkman@triad.rr.com-Inbox folder?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/06/06 02:19 PM

yes it is

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:35 PM

Alex,

Okie dokie. I thought so, just wanted to be sure.

Click on the Inbox for the email account you are trying to create a filter for.

Go to Messages > Filters

When the window opens, be sure kirkman@triad.rr.com is displayed in "Filters for email account"

Click on the "+ Add" button.

Then fill in the fields using the information from before.

if Header field is Subject.
contains > Notification of an Instant payment

Last field Ignore

Then "move message to folder: kirkman@triad.rr.com Paypal payments

Click Close.

I realize you know all the steps but sometimes just seeing the steps in front of you helps find the problem.

When the next payment arrives to your Outlook Express, check the email in Aw2K and let's see if the message will filter into the correct email account folder.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 03:21 PM

Alex,

Something else. Do not use any filter text that changes in the Subject line. For instance, the first filter you specified in your first post was "Notification of an Instant payment from" The next line changes so the filter will not catch it. Change the filter text to terms that are constant such as "Notification of an Instant Payment". That text does not change.

You can't filter the Paypal notice that reads "Item #xxxxxxx Notification of Instant payment" But you can add a filter that will move that email to a specified folder by using the Subject line filter "Notification of Instant payment".

Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads