Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 7740 *Threaded Mode

StainedGlassStuf
(stranger )
07/17/03 12:13 PM
Email spam  

Greetings -

I am starting to receive spam on my emails I use for AW2K. Anyway to stop it? I haven't been able to figure out a way run these accounts through my spam blocker.

Thanks

Lloyd

Tradeguy
(member)
07/17/03 03:40 PM
Re: Email spam new [re: StainedGlassStuf]  

I use Spameater Pro - it checks my POP3 account every minute and removes the spam from my mailbox and puts it in holding until I want to deal with it. 2 really nice features: I can send spam to SpamCop (they report spammers to ISP's), and I get to do a quick scan for any accidental blocks of non-spam with the ability to put the mail back into my pop3 account (where Aw2K will find it again). I've been running it for around 6 months - only spam that gets thru is if I grab mail within 60 seconds of the spam being sent - so for me, it cuts out about 99% of it - and we're talking about 20-40 spams a day (my primary email address is almost 10 years old).

Check it out: www.spameater.net

Rich

wheeloftime
(newbie)
11/11/04 10:21 PM
Re: Email spam new [re: Tradeguy]  

That's the way I (have to) work also. Find yourself a suitable popup mailer which resides in the windows tray and checks your email every xx minutes. One with a good spam filter is also Mailwasher Pro but a good freeware one would be PopTray. It is a bit more work but you can delete all spam/junk/virus mails directly from your server first and see which emails you will get into Aw2K.

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads