Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 8359 *Threaded Mode

magicka
(journeyman)
01/15/04 11:26 AM
Additional email accounts for auction profile  

Am i missing a menu option or is there not a way to add additional email accounts to an auction profile? I tried creating new ones, but can then only associate 1 with a profile.

I'd like to have more than one email address be able to point to the same auction profile. Can anyone let me know how to do this or if its not a current feature can it be added? (a simple dropdown menu with the option of more than 1 address would be nice) it would be very helpful to those of us with more than one business that are using auctions for sales on all of them.

I dont need seperate auction profiles, but i do want to get all email coming to my different business and paypal addreses so that i can use one AW2k profile for all of them.

thanks!

Tradeguy
(member)
01/18/04 04:14 AM
Re: Additional email accounts for auction profile new [re: magicka]  

Far as I know you can't associate multiples emails with the same profile - but you CAN add a CC or BCC to any or all of your email templates. I do this to send copies of all my outgoing email to a special account.

For incoming email (which may be specifically what you are asking), you can create multiple profiles with different emails. You don't have to use the profiles to list auctions - you can just use them to recieve email.

Hope that helps!
Rich

magicka
(journeyman)
01/18/04 06:05 PM
Re: Additional email accounts for auction profile new [re: Tradeguy]  

thats a good idea to create a dummy account to accept emails. i was specifically wanting it to receive certain paypal transactions.
it would be nice to be able to associate more than one email account with auction profiles though.

thanks tradegy

grumpy3b
(stranger )
08/02/04 09:07 AM
Re: Additional email accounts for auction profile new [re: magicka]  

I too use the multiple profies with some used simply to receive emails. It works OK so far...

I can see if doing consignments, it would be nice to be able to define the "client" and attach 2 (or maybe 3) email addys. Right now I create a new profile for each consignment client but with only one email we can't have communications go out to multiple email addys w/o manally adding them in to each email as they are sent.

Automating the sending of statements would be a hugely good thing...but some clients want to be emailed at 2+ email addys as a "...just in case..." thing....so, attaching them to the client profile would work...I think?? :)

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads