Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 7566 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

rednersville
(stranger )
02/13/05 09:53 PM
Google Gmail and AW2K  

I'm assuming AW2K doesn't support Gmail with POP/SMTP? I say this because I couldn't get it to work in AW2K but I can get it to work fine in Thunderbird. I think the reason is because Gmail uses ports that aren't default and also you need to be in secure mode by checking off SSL for POP and TLS for SMTP in Thunderbird.

Since Gmail is by far the superior web based email these days do you guys have any plans to add support in AW2K for Gmail?

Or if maybe I just set it up wrong, and if that's the case just let me know what I missed. Thanks.

Nethescurial
(Unregistered)
04/28/05 09:26 AM
Re: Google Gmail and AW2K new [re: rednersville]  

I second this request. Please add SSL support so we can use Gmail or other secure email accounts. I am currently using the trial version of the program. I won't purchase it until this feature is added.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
04/28/05 10:26 AM
Re: Google Gmail and AW2K new [re: Nethescurial]  

The email system in Auction Wizard 2000 does not support SSL. We do not currently have plans to add support for SSL to the email system. Very few email providers require it. From a business perspective it does not make sense for us to use our development resources to support something that the overwhelming majority of email providers do not require.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads