Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 43556 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
freqz
(stranger )
11/12/06 09:44 AM
Email Does not Work.. Errors  

I am using a inbox.com account, and I have everything configured correctly. Using Outlook I can send and receive just fine.

Now with AW2K, If I receive any Email all I get is a window that pop's up and reads:
'during' is not a valid integer value
And the email it did download is totally unreadable.

Any suggestions ???

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 10:29 AM
Re: Email Does not Work.. Errors new [re: freqz]  

HI,

I am presuming you have used the POP3 and SMTP email account test and both tests indicated email is configured correctly to send and receive?

When you say "If you receive an email all you get is the window: What part of the retrieving email does the "during" is not a valid integer value" appear?

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 11:42 AM
Re: Email Does not Work.. Errors new [re: bluepennylady]  

Whenever I try the Test POP3 Setting, It opens a box and just sits at "Connected" or after I hit abort and try again I get "Unable to login to POP3 server. Check the POP3 Username and POP3 Password fields"

I know for a fact that the username and password are correct. I have tried everything I can think of. Tried all upper case, all lower case, everything.

I can access this account just fine with Outlook, and also on my Ipaq, So I know POP3 offered by Inbox.com works.

Is there anything else I can try ?

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 11:55 AM

Hi,

If the POP3 test will not connect to your POP3 server, then the settings are not correct.

In order to obtain the settings that are working correctly from Outlook Express, go to Tools | Accounts. Highlight the email account and click on "Properties" that appears along the right side of the dialog box.

The settings that appear in the "general" and "Server" tabs are what you need to be able to configure AW2000.

If you have Norton Internet Security or McAfee,(new and improved version) be sure that AW2000 is allowed to connect to the Internet.

Check the email settings in Outlook against what you have entered into AW2000. Something is not correct otherwise the POP3 would work.

Let me know what you find.

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 12:03 PM

The settings are 100% correct. It's not a firewall issue nor any other software blocking it.

I have entered in other hosts that I use and they all work perfectly.

I guess there is just something that AW2K does not like about inbox.com email server. Really wanted to use inbox.com but I guess I'll have to find something else now.

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 12:33 PM

Hi,

Do you mean you have setup other email accounts in AW2K and those work correctly?

And you access inbox.com email using a client such as Outlook express?

Does inbox.com email use mail.xxxx.com for SMTP and relay.xxxxx.com for POP3?

On the "Properties | General tab of your Outlook inbox.com email account, what did you enter into the "Mail Account" where is says enter in the name to which you would like to refer to these servers?"

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 12:37 PM

John,

And just to be sure, which I am sure you already have done this, but did you activate the POP3 and SMTP access to your inbox.com email?

I went and looked at inbox.com email and as long as the POP3 and SMTP is activated it should work.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/12/06 12:44 PM

Hi:
Also if you are running Windows XP service Pack 2 - then check the Windows firewall. Even if you didn't tell it to run it will do so by default. If you have another firewall running such as Judy described I would turn off the Windows Firewall. Because Windows firewall will not let you set provisions for various programs I wouldn't run it as long as another was running. If that is the only firewall you have - shut it down for a minute just long enough to test your AW2K mail settings.

Just a thought, may or may not be helpful.

Garry

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 12:51 PM

Yes, activated pop3 in the settings on inbox.com.
Their servers are my.inbox.com for both in and out

In AW2K I tried with my comcast.net account as well as some email addresses from my website freqz.com and they all setup correctly.

What is strange is I can send email from AW2K with my inbox.com's information entered. Just cannot receive..

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 12:57 PM

Hi,

check your POP3 user name. I had trouble with my pair.com when I first set it up. Pair.com only allows 7 letters in the POP3 user name. So I could not use bluepennylady. But rather had to use a shortened version.

Since you can send but not receive, the trouble is with the POP3 username. As inbox.com uses my.xxx.com fopr both POP3 and SMTP Host names.

Double check the POP3 user name field value.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads