Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 43527 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 01:14 PM
Re: Email Does not Work.. Errors new [re: bluepennylady]  

I checked the user name and tried a few other usernames ( i have more then one inbox account), and same thing for all of them. Again, what is strange is I can use outlook and my Ipaq to download messages from them...

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 01:20 PM
Re: Email Does not Work.. Errors new [re: freqz]  

John,

In The AW2000 POP3 user name field, enter in your inbox.com email account name, xxxxx.inbox.com and see if that works.

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 01:33 PM

Tried that as well, just the name and then the name with the @ extension.

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 01:40 PM

Hi,

If you can send mail and the SMTP is configured correctly, then just a POP3 setting is incorrect. Since I don't use inbox.com email I am not sure which one it is. I may jump over there and get an account for about 5 minutes just to see what settings you actually need.

Since the error was the POP3 username and password, it is most likely that field in AW2K. The user name that AW2K wants is not the name that appears on an email but your inbox.com user name which may be different than the account name.

Judy/blue

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 01:55 PM

It would be interesting to see what your result are.

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 02:17 PM

John

Did your SMTP test pass?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 03:10 PM

John,

Inbox.com is only Beta testing the POP3 access. It is completely possible that something is not right on their end. I have changed authentication settings in AW2K and used the same user name and password for SMTP email. The test passes regardless of how I configure the outgoing email. If I use Authentication POP3 user name and password, the tests passes. Of adding a SMTP user name and password. If you change the POP3 user name to something else. the SMTP test will not pass. Which indicated the POP3 user name field value is correct.

When I altered the POP3 Host name, the Host Name was what failed.

You should email inbox.com tech support with the problem. As when you activated the POP3 access, you automatically became a Beta tester. I'll will find out if there is another setting to use in the POP3 user name or Host Name and get back to you.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 03:44 PM

John,

I created an account at Inbox.com and configured it in AW2K and ran the SMTP test which passes fine. The POP3 test fails but the inbox logfiles indicate the account is valid, password correct. There is an error I have never seen before. I will get hold of Thom and let you know what I find out.

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 05:23 PM

I was starting to second guess myself on entering data for a minute there. Good thing is at least we both reached the same results.

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/12/06 05:29 PM

John,

The error I discovered isn't seen on the screen. It is back behind recorded in diagnostic logfiles. I finally decided to take a look on my computer logs and see what was happening What a novel idea. Check my logfiles

Anyway, I will let you know what I find out. It could be morning before I find anything out. I won't be around in the morning for a while. My daughter in law is undergoing major surgery, she is scared spitless and I need to be with her and my son. But I will get back to you.

I apologize for making you wait to figure out what is wrong.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads