Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 8001 *Threaded Mode

barnfinder
(stranger )
07/24/07 07:31 PM
additional email folders  

Is there any way to add folders to the email function, beyond the "in box" and "out box" that are already there?

I use the same email address for eBay and for all other sales efforts. In my usual email program (Thunderbird) I have set up additional folders such as "local", "craigslist", "eBay generated messages", and such. This makes it easy to keep my inbox clean, and to file away messages. I'd like to be able to do this with the AW2K email system too. Any suggestions?

Thanks

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/24/07 07:44 PM
Re: additional email folders new [re: barnfinder]  

Hi,

You can set up as many email accounts as you like in AW2000. You can also add folders and filters as well to funnel email where you want it to go.

I have a Payments folder.
Question to seller folder
Please send me total amount due folder

Let's see, I'll have to look to see just how many folders I have.

To create a "new folder' Run AW2000, Go to the email tab/window. click on the particular email account you wish to add a folder to. If you only have one email account configured, you'll already be in the right spot.

On the Menu find "Message | Filters. When the applet window opens, click on the "+" sign. That creates one new filter and the fields on the immediate right become active.

If you look in the lower right hand corner of the applet window, you will see the "New Folder" button. click it and a pop up appears. Type in the name of the new folder. Complete all the filter field values. Click okay, and you have a new folder with the filters that go along with it.

By the way, the filters in AW2000 actually really work. Far better than Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook or Incredimail.

does that help?? If not, let me know and I will try again.

Judy/blue

barnfinder
(stranger )
07/25/07 05:45 PM
Re: additional email folders new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks...that took care of it.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/25/07 07:52 PM
Re: additional email folders new [re: barnfinder]  

HI,

Excellent news. Glad that worked.

Let me know if you need anymore help. I will give it my best shot. Just be sure to stand back in case I miss

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads