Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 14721 *Threaded Mode

astor
(stranger )
09/28/07 10:21 AM
Email Attachments new  

A customer just sent me a contract in an email with a Word attachment. Now I can't find it - looked in AW2 folder>Attachments and can't locate. Don't want to inform the customer yet; doesn't look good if I can't open an attachment.

Any ideas ?? thanks in advance!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/28/07 10:44 AM
Re: Email Attachments new [re: astor]  

HI,

Attachments will open in AW2K. Did you retrieve the email in AW2K and in a regular email client such as Outlook Express,Microsoft Outlook, Eudora or maybe IncrediMail? If so, check your email settings to be sure they are set to allow attachments.

Also check the virus vault on your Anti virus software. Sometimes email attachments will go there.
More than likely though, the email settings are set to scrap or not allow email attachments. And if your email software has had an update recently, those settings could have been affected in the update.

So--do you only retrieve email in AW2K? Or do you use something else as well?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

astor
(stranger )
09/28/07 11:09 AM
Re: Email Attachments new [re: bluepennylady]  

I use AOL...ran entire business from it until I started the change-over to AW2. I had to confess to the client and they resent the attachment - which was in my Attachment folder, so its fine.

I'm sure it's hard enough for Thom to keep up with just the updates, nevermind instituting our bright ideas! But the email/html is definitely problematic, especially as most people are using non-text, image oriented email. oh well...

I do have another question...how/what do you use for your shipping process? I've used Paypal for ease-of-use and record keeping thusfar.

take care!

Judy, thanks again for your quick response!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/28/07 11:18 AM

Hi,

Glad you found it. That is good. Do you mean the attachment was already in the attachment folder before the customer re-sent the email?

HTML email has been suggested to the AW2000 team. But I'll send another email off to them about your suggestion

I think you are asking if I print postage through Paypal? If so, no I use Endicia for processing USPS shipping. And UPS for the larger packages. For more than one reason. I have a full staff and although I can assign multi-level access at Paypal for postage handling, I do not wish to track my expenses in that manner. And I just feel "Safer" not allowing staff access at any level in my Paypal account.

I use AW2K reports for tracking shipping manifests as well as actual shipping costs versus what the buyer paid. And I can print out daily shipping reports from Dazzle for my Endicia shipping. UPS also provides daily reports on any shipments going through them.

Hope that helps a bit!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

astor
(stranger )
09/28/07 12:02 PM

Well, currently, I'm the STAFF! ;)

Do you know if the s/h costs of Endicia and Paypal are comparable? I use USPS for all smal (jewelry etc.) shipping thusfar.

Also, is UPS less expensive than USPS for large items?

It would just make it soooo much easier to setup right now if I don't have to also switch the shipping process. On the other hand, the main push I'm making this season is to expand to need help! what a dilemma!

My head is blowing off between setting up new templates, website redesign, learning AW2 etc. ugh!

Again Judy, thanks!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/28/07 12:14 PM

HI,

I understand the dilemna completely. Been there done that. You are ready to add staff when you can no longer grow because you are limited by what you alone can do. And doing it alone keeps you from making more money

Endicia is a third party service just like Paypal, Stamps.com or several of the others. And they have different program levels. I am not sure about the Paypal fees for shipping. I just haven't checked into that for quite a while. I know at the time, it was more economical to use Endicia. And they have been quite reliable and easy to use. The Dazzle software is really good.

You can use the same Zebra printer for Endicia labels as you do for UPS. And yes, UPS is much less to ship larger packages than the USPS. If something weighs 4 lbs or more, we check both rates as UPS is often less. And if it will not fit into a Flat rate priority box, and weighs a great deal, UPS is always a much better shipping option. You must deal with dimensional weight with both.

I like the "Stealth" postage ability with Endicia. Which means, the postage cost does not print out on the label. The other thing I like is being able to simply unload the packages at the Post Office. No waiting in line. Even on Saturday mornings. Because the labels are the barcode, the Post Office has to take them even though the window is closed. works out quite well.

I am sorry I cannot provide exact cost comparisons between the two services.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

astor
(stranger )
09/28/07 01:20 PM
Re: Email Attachments [re: bluepennylady]  

Paypal/USPS offers the stealth postage too - luv it - less arguing! Also free pickup and since everything is labeled, I'm usually good to go and ship on a daily basis.

You can customize the labels w/logos etc...have to admit, Paypal made it REALLY easy this time around! You can customize what info you want to download/dates etc., so record-keeping is facilitated

But as I grow, I'll have to reconsider Paypal access and therefore, shipping. Till then, unless you can come up with another reason, I might as well stick with Paypal shipping....uh, right? (how's that for confidence)

A thought (of which I have WAY too many): I use Paypal for invoicing as it facilitates and prompts quick payment. How does that effect record-keeping in AW2?? Am I then defeating the purpose of using AW2, which was to have my record-keeping, listing etc in one tool.

As info, USPS has free pickup but I'll do a fee comparison (and post to the forum) between UPS and USPS once the season gets rolling and there's something to ship!

The jewelry is a cinch to ship, except chanel. It''s the pottery, glass etc. that's often problematic.

Judy, thanks again, as always!
it's like having a silent partner that speaks only when spoken to, and really gives a damn whether you learn...!

back to the grind...
Claire

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/28/07 01:40 PM

Claire,

Well my husband would tell you I am anything but "silent" But I do care if you learn something!

Lots of AW2K users use Paypal to process shipping labels. It is what fits your business model and workflow.

A whole bunch of AW2K users also Invoice through Paypal in conjunction with using AW2K. You are listing with AW2K, updating auction lots, generating Invoices. Just record the Paypal payment in AW2K storing buyer information and address. Send them an AW2000 payment received notice as well as an AW2000 shipping notice.

There is one down side to Invoicing through Paypal. You lose some of the one on one communication with your buyer reducing the chances of them returning to you by replying to an AW2K email. Requesting more product. Or add-ons' after auctions close. The goal is to build returning buyers that you convert into customers which builds a good strong business base.

Just something to consider while you are doing all this thinking anyway

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads