Configuration
   >> Email Templates
Thread views: 13170 Previous threadView all threads**Threaded Mode

freqz
(newbie)
11/12/06 09:34 PM
Calculated Shipping in Email Template ?  

I know, I'm a big question asking newbie here :-) But here it goes.....

I've been working on and looking at these templates and trying to figure everything out but I just could not come across this answer anywhere..

I used Calculated shipping within my auctions so pretty much every Shipping fee is different depending on zip etc... ( I'm sure you all know)

I offer UPSP Priority mail and also UPS Ground, and UPS next day air saver.

I take it that this information is not imported into AW2K at the end of auction as to the buyers Zip??

So if I understand everything correctly I will have to enter this information manually each auction ?

I'm kinda at a loss for thought on this as for putting this in my template. To offer UPSP and UPS and optional INS.

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/12/06 10:32 PM
Re: Calculated Shipping in Email Template ? new [re: freqz]  

John:
YOu don't have to do all that stuff for shipping for each auction. Go to the setup portion (FILE/Auction Profile). On the left select the portion you want. Click on the large button at the bottom right of the page. Enter shipping etc information you want. all the different choices.

Now when you do that type of acution or store or whatever the shipping will automatically be put in.

Hope this helps

Garry

freqz
(newbie)
11/13/06 07:17 AM
Re: Calculated Shipping in Email Template ? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Right, I did that alrady, My question is on the Email template itself. When sending out the Email to the winner bidders, How will I know what to enter for shipping to them ? And be able to give them the option in the email on the different prices between USPS and UPS

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/13/06 02:15 PM
Re: Calculated Shipping in Email Template ? new [re: freqz]  

John,

There are several options. But I think you will discover what the rest of us discovered after beginning to use the Shipping calculators. You won't be invoicing your buyers. The buyer will select the shipping method of their choice, submit payment through Paypal at the conclusion of auctions. I bet I don't invoice 10 buyers a week anymore. And those 10 are usually repeat buyers that are combining numerous auctions together for savings. Those we do actual quotes on and send them a Total amount due invoice.

The majority of the time though, the buyers just use the shipping calculator. Which is what you want them to do anyway. That is just good customer service. Offer all the available options up front and let the buyer choose the method they want and tell you, Instead of you telling them.

There is a post on another thread that gives a better idea of the workflow. Look at http://forums.auctionwizard2000.com/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=Invoices&Number=3676&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1

If you still need help, please let me know. I'll be happy to help you.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/13/06 03:16 PM
Re: Calculated Shipping in Email Template ? new [re: bluepennylady]  

I read your post through searching on calculated shipping and took what you said and I'm now pointing towards that method.

Had big plans on going deeper into the software today but just had a buyer back on on close to 900 computers I thought I had sold ( not on ebay )

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/13/06 03:36 PM
Re: Calculated Shipping in Email Template ? new [re: Anonymous]  

Bummer!

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threads**Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads