Configuration
   >> Email Templates
Thread views: 12124 *Threaded Mode

Tradeguy
(stranger )
01/06/03 05:56 PM
More batch options  

Now that I've processed a few dozen sales thru AW2K, one of the biggest problems I'm having are with "payment recieved" emails. When I get a payment notification (90% via paypal), I associate it with an invoice, capture the address data, and then I need to send the buyer a "payment recieved" email that also gives a shipping date. If I use the "reply using template" option, the title is an "RE:" title and it quotes the original message - very messy and inconsistant. All I need is a "send email using template" option right there while I have the email (w/ associated invoice) screen open. What I have to do now is physically write down the invoice# so I can send the email back at the invoice page - a royal pain - but I close 10-20 auctions a night, so my list of "waiting to ship" can be rather long. This one little thing would save me a LOT of time - I could process all of my incoming payments in a bunch or individually and basically be done with it at the point of initial data entry.

Once I ship out the items, I have another batch problem. I now need to send a "item shipped" email for every invoice completed. This one is simpler though since every invoice is now marked "feedback not given". Then it occurred to me - if we could mark invoices on the grid display and right-click to queue a template email, it would not only solve my "shipping notice" issue, but give a nice feature for other purposes. (For example, I sent out a mass email to every buyer who hadn't paid me yet about my holiday shipping schedule deadlines). Would also be useful if you were going on vacation or anything else that might require you to send mass emails to customers at various stages of their transactions. Anyway...something to consider.

Thanks for listening! And thanks for such a GREAT program!

Rich

Edited by Tradeguy on 01/06/03 06:00 PM (server time).

chinacat
(newbie)
01/07/03 04:55 AM
Re: More batch options new [re: Tradeguy]  

As far as your first issue goes, you can easily jump from an email to the associated invoice by clicking on the 'Invoice #' label in the database panel. That would let you immediately send your email without having to write down the invoice number and do it later.

Tradeguy
(stranger )
01/07/03 05:12 AM
Re: More batch options new [re: chinacat]  

Chinacat - once again you have found a great workaround :-)

I didn't know you could go directly to the invoice by clicking the label - very cool. Yes, I just tried that, and it definately will save me some time trying to keep track of things. I'd still like the batch queing - but this is an excellent workaround.

Thanks again!
Rich

chinacat
(newbie)
01/07/03 03:39 PM
Re: More batch options new [re: Tradeguy]  

Glad I could help. I'm definitely with you on the batch queing.

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads