Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6935 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
07/29/10 01:14 PM
Head-up re size of display on widescreen monitor new  

I got a new monitor (old was 17"; new is 23" widescreen). Takes some getting used to; realized I could use Restore Down to size and position various program windows to something my brain could manage (the widescreen is fantastic for streaming videos or for having 2 or 3 browser windows open side-by-side, but for most programs, you want them to cover only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen). All my programs are able to remember the Restore-Down size/position and will re-open the same as when closed.....all except AW. Maximizing AW fills the screen and I feel like I'm watching a tennis match -- your eyes get quite a workout. Easy enough to resize it, but I couldn't seem to get it to remember that size/position upon re-opening. Wrote to Thom. He says AW is not able to remember these settings.

So that's that. Nothing about adding that as a feature. Sigh.....

Sue

mouse
(enthusiast)
07/30/10 06:07 PM
Re: Head-up re size of display on widescreen monitor new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Hi Sue!
How do you re-size a program so it only takes up part of the screen?
Just wondering...........

Mickey

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/MickeysMarvelousMall?refid=store

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
07/30/10 07:01 PM
Re: Head-up re size of display on widescreen monitor new [re: mouse]  

Hi Mickey,

I'm using Winxp.

In the upper right-hand corner of your program windows, you see the three buttons, right? The minus sign for Minimize, the little overlapping squares for Restore Down, and the X for Close. I use the Restore Down button and then drag the corners or edges of the windows to the size/shape I want them to stay (and drag the whole window to the position I prefer -- right, left, middle). All my programs (other than AW) will remember the size and position of the window from the last time it was closed. If this doesn't work for you, I think there's a Windows setting where you can opt to have program windows behave this way. Does it work for you?

Sue

mouse
(enthusiast)
07/30/10 07:04 PM
Re: Head-up re size of display on widescreen monitor [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Thanks Sue! I knew I could make it smaller by using the overlapping squares, but didn't even think of stretching it with the arrows! Yes, it works. I have windows Vista.....it probably works on all computers....I just didn't know to try it!

Mickey

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/MickeysMarvelousMall?refid=store

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads