Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7543 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
08/22/11 05:34 PM
Pics de-rotated in AW  

I'm having a small but annoying problem with images not being rotated when I add them to AW.

I use three cameras to take my online pics, then I edit them in Paint Shop Pro 9. The pics taken with my very old Nikon and my less-old Kodak retain all their edits when they are added to AW.

However, after editing pics taken with my much newer Panasonic, all edits except rotation are retained when the images are added to AW.

I can rotate them using AW's image editor (although, I might be losing some detail; does AW use a lossless protocol?), but sometimes I forget and they get uploaded wrong, and I don't understand why this is happening. These are images I take with the camera held in portrait orientation (which, of course, I do with the other cameras, too), then they are rotated in PSP. They display properly everywhere else I view them -- print preview, email, Word, etc. It's only when I add them to AW that the rotation disappears -- all the other edits are there, but the images are sideways.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Sue

Edited by tictictic_OnEbay on 08/22/11 08:47 PM (server time).

moonstruck22
(enthusiast)
08/23/11 07:19 AM
Re: Pics de-rotated in AW new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue -
Don't know what to tell you about this issue. When I am taking pics for AW i do all my editing within AW so i am not transferring from one program to another.

As far as our other issue, I received a notification about our "deal" but i don't know how timely it was, got it over night last night! But that could be something entirely related to my internet connection and email clients don't know for sure.
But i did get it.

Let us know if you get one for this and maybe we are back on track!

Marty
Visit my eBay Store!
Moonstruck Antiques and More
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz
Visit Me at Bonanza (Formerly, and still kind of Bonanzle)!
Our Bonanza Booth
Visit Our Etsy Shop! MoonstruckCreations

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
08/24/11 02:35 PM
Re: Pics de-rotated in AW new [re: moonstruck22]  

"...our 'deal'..."?? Sorry, Marty, I'm probably being dense, but you lost me on that one. Please explain or contact me privately. Thanks, Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
08/25/11 01:22 AM
Re: Pics de-rotated in AW new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Oh, now I get what you mean...........the deal about replying to my post about the de-rotated images.

Yup, I'm sure the forum isn't sending copies of posts via email any more. Economizing???

Bad sign, it seems to me.

Sue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads