Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5600 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Razz
(stranger )
08/17/13 10:54 PM
Auto-Backup due to "BLOB" erroe [re: ]  

Hi,
I'm having that "BLOB" error pop up ALOT and it's seriously getting annoying having to use task manager to force close AW2K and then go in and redo the listing. It happens multiple times a day and I've tried backing up/rebuilding database, upgraded my RAM to 4 GB thinking that could be the cause, defragging and pretty much anything else I could think to try, yet it's still happening all the time!!!
Is there anyway you could include an auto-backup feature for the current listing we're working on (like Microsoft Word uses) and even better would be if we could adjust the amount of time between autosaves?
It seems to save some of the information sometimes, but I still have to replace or redo various parts (title, item condition, etc.). Right now I try to go click the "back" button to go to the previous listing when I can think to do it and then go forward again to the current one I'm working on since that seems to save it in case I have to force close, but most of the time I can't remember to do it often enough and plus it's really distracting when trying to focus on writing. When it pops up I can only copy/paste into a text document whatever info is on the page at the time since you can't switch to another screen. That helps a little, but if it's the description part I still have to go in and redo any formatting since all of that is lost.
Surely I'm not the only one having this problem...or am I, lol? Please, please, please consider adding this feature it if it's possible to implement. If anyone knows of any work-arounds or anything else that would help I'd really appreciate it. I'm almost to the point of looking for another program to use, but the thought of learning a new one and restarting everything again is depressing :P
Thanks,
Christopher

alsorts
(newbie)
08/20/13 02:25 PM
Re: Auto-Backup due to "BLOB" erroe new [re: Razz]  

Hi Christopher,

Have you also ran a scan disk after the error happens (after backing).

Instead of moving to the next record try clicking on the check-mark icon. That will write the info to the database. If the error is going to happen it will when it tries to write the info. If the error does happen, copy your description to wordpad (not notepad). That will retain all your work (description & formatting), you still might have to redo the title and some other info. You can also try typing in a few words then clicking the check-mark icon to write the info. I've had that problem also, it seems for me that once it was written for the inventory item then I wouldn't encounter that problem again for the record.

Any chance your running Windows 7? That's where I was getting trouble.

Bob

Razz
(stranger )
10/10/13 03:03 PM
Re: Auto-Backup due to "BLOB" erroe new [re: alsorts]  

Hi Bob,
Yeah, I've tried pretty much everything. I tried using the check mark like you mentioned, but still no luck although that's easier than clicking back-n-forth like I was doing. I've been copying over to notepad when the error pops up, but I still end up having to redo any formatting (bold, colors, etc.) and then redo titles & item descriptions. The only time I get the error is when I'm working in the inventory section. I haven't encountered it anywhere else that I can remember.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I think I'd be willing to move upto Windows 8 if it'd fix the problem, lol. It's seriously driving me nuts since it seems to be happening all the time. It pops up at least once for every 2 inventory items I add.

Christopher

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads