Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7717 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Theradioshoppe
(stranger )
03/20/03 09:16 AM
Needed Improvements  

I've been using AW2K for about three months and have found some areas that need improvement.

1) There are too many none related ways to identify each listing/sale. AW2K lot no, eBay auction ID number, Invoice number, User ID number and maybe more. It is very hard to make one correspond to the other when completing the different steps of after sale activities. It seems that no two are visible at the same time and that different ID methods are shown/used in different steps.

2) After feedback is left and I want to send an email thanking the buyer for feedback the item is marked closed and I have go find it among a hundred or more others. Solving number one above might help this to some degree.

3) There seems to be no way to tell AW2K that I am ready to ship an item without AW2K assuming the item has already been shipped and changing the status to shipped. After returning from shipping the item I want to send the tracking number to the buyer but the item is already listed as shipped.

AW2K has a lot of good things going for it but it has some servious short comings after the sale. I end up keeping paper notes to assure I am actually working on the right lot after an auction closes. That is not what automation is all about.

Help and ideas would be appreciated.

Jim, The Radio Shoppe

The best in amateur radio accessories.

magicka
(stranger )
03/31/03 01:34 PM
Re: Needed Improvements new [re: Theradioshoppe]  

ive been using aw2k for the last month and alot of my thoughts are along the same lines.

if we could always have one (or 2) way(s) thats the same thorughout to easily identify an auction that would speed things up tremendously.
I dont usually know what invoice #1098 corresponds to, but if the buyername or description always showed as an identifier in all grid views thatd help alot.

re: #2 & 3 - i do the same also and feel they are both a "problem" of sorts too.

yes im still learning some of the ins and outs but these are things that would help alot if addressed.

thanks

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
04/01/03 10:14 AM
Re: Needed Improvements new [re: magicka]  

I don't know about description (one invoice can have many auction lots), but YES to Buyer Name in the grid - and make it sortable.

AW2K only auto-merges invoices during the generation phase - so if someone wins 3 auctions over 3 nights, you have to KNOW that and manually merge them. It's wonderful that you can do that - but mistakes get made. In my case, I offer combined shipping discounts - so it's important to the buyer that I merge their items. If the buyer name (ID, email, whatever) was in the grid, and you could sort by it, you'd see immediately which invoices need to be merged.

Thanks!
Rich

Theradioshoppe
(stranger )
05/05/03 11:59 AM

Another suggestion to consider.

There is no way, at a glance, to know which lot categories are shown in the lower half of screen. Lot categories meaning all the cateorgies in the clasp hands menu. Could the menu be moved to the 2" x 2" empty space in the upper right part of the screen. This way it would be easily accessable for change and to see the categories listed.

Jim,

The best in amateur radio accessories.

thewomenfolk
(stranger )
06/25/03 10:54 AM

To Thom and all of management,

I agree with all the sentiments expressed here. I've used AW for a couple of months and have spotted some problem areas I'd like to see addressed in order to make AW truly the best auction management program available. I speak from experience with too much disappointment with too many programs.

First let me say, the lack of integration between the Lot Grid and the Invoice Grid boggled my mind, but I finally learned to ignore the Lot Grid Screen entirely (except when necessary for creating auctions) and concentrated solely on the Invoice Grid screen to manage my auctions after they ended. But there is still a problem. The Invoice Grid gives no identity to the auctions listed in the grid. To identify them, we have to click other buttons, which then show only information for the individual auction highlighted. So if I'm looking to find information about my "Dexter shoes" auction, I must highlight each unidentified auction individually and explore the possibilities of what it could be by using the three buttons above that grid. Having both the Auction Title and the buyer’s User ID in that grid would be of enormous help. In fact, having the information in that grid that we already have on the "Lots" grid would be mighty helpful.

There is more. Once the Invoice Grid displays all the info we need at a glance to know what each auction is, it would be nice to have 4 or 5 tiny columns next to the Auction Title, a checkmark or lack of checkmark in each box representing whether or not (1) the auction is ended (2) the buyer has been notified (3) payment has been received (4) the Goods sent, and (4) the transaction is completed/closed. (A feedback column as a final column could be a problem because sometimes it’s a lengthy process...but could be worked out somehow.) Each column title could be abbreviated, such as AE for Auction Ended, BN for Buyer Notified, so we can keep the columns very narrow and close to each other.

Although I’d definitely retain the ability to choose to see in the grid only auctions with one status (like ‘Buyer not Contacted,’ or ‘Payment Received’), it would be most helpful if we could see all of the ended but not yet closed auctions in the grid and their state of progression, in other words, to know at a glance by the checkmarks which stage we're at with each ended auction.

Its confusing to see the terms used for the ‘Status’ of an ended auction being different in the Lot screen from what we see in the Invoices screen. ‘Waiting to Ship’ in Lots should say the same thing, not ‘Sold and Shipped’ in another screen. Having only one grid would solve this problem (which is why I use only the Invoices Grid after auctions have ended). I couldn't agree more with J Hill that its not good to have an auction treated by AW as "Sold and Shipped" when it is not. That is most confusing to me, and important. I’d rather not see those words until I’ve come home after shipping the item and documented the “actual” Ship cost. Then that documentation could trigger a “Goods Sent” checkmark in the grid. Then the only remaining box might be “Feedback not Left.” We could manually deal with that, for example, I don’t use AW to leave feedback yet, so I could just checkmark it as done, which would trigger the program to close out those auctions from the grid altogether. Others who use AW for the feedback job could let it stay on the screen til its done if they choose.

I love the way AW handles “all” the newly ended auctions by generating the email Winning Bidder Notices for all of them at the same time. Once we’ve learned to trust the program to include the shipping charge, etc, in the emails, then one click from the Email category to ‘send’ them actually sends all of them at the same time. AW also acts in this fashion to generate all ‘to be printed’ Invoices and Shipping Labels at the same time. That’s a real plus feature! Another strength of AW is its superior Auction Listing/Scheduling management. I cannot praise it enough.

All my auctions are currently simple and straighforward, all on Ebay, no consignors, rarely a combined win, no stores, etc, but I do realize that other sellers have more complex issues to deal with. What I’m asking for is basic easy-auction-management, which I believe would benefit us all, so I would include on my Wish List the following things:

(1) One main Grid (spreadsheet) to identify and work with ended auctions, with the capacity for ‘At a Glance’ orientation as to the progress of any one of those auctions.

(2) “Reports” that act like Excell, showing actual credits/debits including auction/payment fees and a total that reflects real profit/loss.

(3) This one is more frivilous but would be nice...for us to be able to customize the titles above the grid so we can abbreviate the titles and make the columns narrower to see more information on one screen. Also...to be able to center the information in the boxes to make it look better and easier to see.

I really do believe what the AW creators say, that, “The philosophy behind Auction Wizard 2000 is to empower online auction sellers with the best tools and the best support in the greatest number of markets.” It’s a tall order to ask AW to integrate the best of the best of every other auction management program out there into AW, but I don’t know why it cannot be done. I am weary of buying program after program in my search for the one that “does it all.” Each program is outstanding in one or two ways, but I’ve yet to see one alone that is outstanding in every aspect of auction management, from “Listing” with the program, to “Managing” the after-sale details, and finally, to having all that info transferred onto one final accurate financial report.

The only weakness in AW that I see is its confusing after-auction management system, and that’s a big one. Its just too convoluted, making it frustrating and time-consuming. But I’m not bailing out yet. I’m trusting that AW means what it says (above) and truly desires to be the best. I would vote to pay AW more to work out (simplify/expediate) its post-Auction Management and Reports part of the program. If that happens, then we’ll indeed have the best program available, and I don’t know why sellers wouldn’t flock to it.

Of all the auction management programs I’ve bought, I see the most potential with this one, Auction Wizard. And one of its strongest assets is its “Help/Support.” I’ve never seen such a comprehensively written Help/Tutorial section. And Thom has proven to be quick, accurate, and most helpful with answers. And last but not least, personally, without Jackie’s board, I’d be one lost and disappointed puppy. I cannot overemphasize the value of the help I’ve gotten from the AW users on her board.

Let’s face it, using an auction management program is not just useful, even necessary, but fun. I believe AW can make it much more useful, and hence, more fun. So I want to encourage AW to have a corporate meeting, ASAP...to face these problems we users see and to work them out as quickly as possible, because we use this program every day. If you folks at AW can do what you’ve already proven you can do with programming, I don’t see any reason why you can’t do what many of us think is necessary, if not vital, to make Auction Wizard the most competitive management program on the market.

Jeannie

atticonline
(stranger )
07/02/03 12:50 PM
Re: Needed Improvements new [re: magicka]  

Yikes! I'd be in deep if they did away with the invoice numbers... that is how I organize all of my packages that I prepackage to be shipped... I simply write the invoice number on the package and put them in order in my stock... and when I'm paid.... abracadabra... I don't have to search through a million packages trying to find the one to ship.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads