Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5646 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

scottlou
(stranger )
04/21/03 03:15 PM
Database rebuild failure and program crash  

I went to do my standard database backup/database rebuild routine today, something I've done each Monday at the program's prompt since I started using it a couple of months ago. I got a message at the end of the process that 18 tables were unsuccessful at rebuilding, followed by another that said I need to contact tech support immediately. At this time I cannot launch the program at all; each attempt to do so returns an 'unknown error' message with a suggestion that I restart my computer, something I've tried to no avail, even after starting in Safe Mode and running Scandisc a couple of times.

I've also tried rebuilding again from the command at the Start menu, with the same results. Looking at the dates on the files in my Archive folder, it's not clear to me that I got a complete rebuild, since many of them are dated last Monday, while some are dated today. I am therefore quite leery of running a restore just yet, as I don't want to lose all the information associated with auctions that have closed in the last week, nor do I want to lose a significant amount of work I put into item inventory I'd planned to list today.

I am seriously hamstrung right now. I've got a dozen auctions that closed today I need to attend to, and another dozen that I need to get listed. Quick response in getting me through this will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by scottlou on 04/21/03 03:33 PM (server time).

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
04/21/03 04:40 PM
Re: Database rebuild failure and program crash new [re: scottlou]  

Please contact technical support via email at info@auctionwizard2000.com

-- The Auction Wizard Team

scottlou
(stranger )
04/21/03 04:52 PM
Re: Database rebuild failure and program crash new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Actually, I did contact tech support right before starting this thread, and am already working with somebody who responded right away.

Thanks much.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads