Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 4651 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

thewomenfolk
(stranger )
05/29/03 04:19 PM
Educate a bit about FTP  

There is a question in FTP Accounts from a lady wanting to know about FTP as it works with Anglefire. The answer from Rich is what AW should put in their tutorials. Its just not enough to tell new users about profiles and protocols when those words are not defined. AW does mention that it uploads the photos for us but that should be made emphatic somewhere at the top of the page. I've wasted a lot of time trying to figure out "where" this imaging hosting space on pair.com is and now I learn I don't need to know. I think I missed it in the AW help section because its buried in technical language...one gives up reading after a while.

Surely there must be a better way to educate new AW users about how the whole photo process works. Just a few words at the very beginning of the tutorial telling how it all works together (ftp, AW, my hard drive) might be very helpful. It would be nice if it could be explained in common terms we all understand but if techie terms are used, definitions would be most helpful, otherwise we don't know what AW is talking about. I can't believe so many people have such problems with this part of the process. Thanks.

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads