Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6175 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Sean S
(Unregistered)
09/09/03 11:14 AM
Bug Reports  

Hi All,
Just woke up after a long night of playing with AW2K for the first time. Still a little hazy here, so please forgive the possible ignorance. :-)

Anyway, here goes...

1. I'm not sure where to post this. Did I miss the bug report section of this page? I suppose many developers don't want to have a section with that title (due to the vibe it gives potential buyers), but most people appreciate a place where bugs are specifically addressed by the company and other end users.
Is there a feature request section as well?

2. Closing the "edit image" window has no "do you want to save?" dialog. I'm sure this has been addressed already, but it sure is easy to do a bunch of mod's to a photo and then instantly loose them by not hitting the save button.
The "save changes?" theme is present throughout the program, so I guess this was overlooked.

3. The photo editing stage is quite impressive in AW. Unlike many rudimentary photo editors, the changes are subtle and don't distort the clarity. Sure would be nice to be able to use PhotoShop plugins in there though. I supppose that likely requires endless hoop jumping at Adobe though.

4. I probably missed it, but I didn't find a way to instantly generate an invoice for the record I was looking at and only that record. Automation is cool, but it's nice to have an express way to take a single purchase through the entire post-auction process by itself.

5. I probably missed this too, but this software looks to be about the best I've seen and I plan to put it into action right away (and buy it if it performs as well), but I'm dreading the importation of records from my other software and excel, outlook, etc... I sure hope it has at least comma deliminated import export, but it would be great if it had extensive pre-configured import/export for the major email/spreadsheet programs (I'll find out today).
An issue that I have with my current listing software is that our company uses Outlook for all of our email and addresses, but the listing software is the best place to put the addresses and phone numbers...etc, for shipping purposes. So, you go on the road and you don't have your customer information ('cause it's not in Outlook), and when in the shop, you are constantly bouncing between your email app' and your listing app to find customer information....it stinks. Auto exporting to your Email/PID app's would be so great, where you open your phone book and have all your customers, addresses, phones, and even what they bought in one place.
After that, wouldn't it be cool if the software would scan your Outlook (or other) email files and copy the emails to and from any winning bidder to a place readable in the records of that person? Example, JoBiddeR wins an item and you click a button and see all the email corrospondence from them both before and after the auction. There is a bunch of "he said/she said" going on, and often missed in this game.

Ok, I'll have more later. Obviously I'm one of those who makes a lot of "wouldn't that be cool" statements, and probably many of them already done, and some of them likely stupid in concept (or impossible to do without NASA's help).
Just ignore most of it.

Oh yeah... it would also be cool if you could hook the software up to a 2-way telepathy machine so you could list without turning the computer on.... and.... nevermind :-)

Sean

Sean S
(Unregistered)
09/09/03 04:26 PM
Re: Bug Reports new [re: Sean S]  

Oh man...more....

Tags: Really, any field should be able to be put in a tag. Is there a secret list somewhere?

The program could use a way to insert photos via tags and not always automatically (for "exotic" photo placements) Example <photo1>, <photo2>...etc

also could use a way to insert the closing day and date (separately) (In actual listing "This auction ends

[enddaytag]")
User definded fields need a font choice option for tags (although some can do this in HTML)

"Default setting for all new listings" check box on almost all dialogs or a save as default auction option.
(all my auctions start at .99 cents all the time). I guess the "Auction lot defaults" could be more extensive in configuration...or maybe I missed it somewhere else?

Ebay tag retrieval...
This would have tags that work with the current listing. Some html math would be involved here.
For instance.

"Time left until close = [timeleft]"
"We will be unable to answer questions about this auction in [timeleft-12 hours]"
"The current price of this auction is [currentprice]...which is way too cheap!"
"Only [string] dollars left until the reserve is met!"
"Are you going to let [currenthighbidder] get this for [currentprice]?"

I don't know enough about html to know if this can be programmed via html...but it would be neat.

Would it be possible to make the side bar buttons on the main tool bar? (or at least an option for this).
That inch of space can add up to a couple fields in the grid view.

Would it be possible to edit description text in the preview window (and be able to click on a photo to edit it and drag to change the order?)

Is it not possible now to retrieve the email for the high bidder of current auctions?

Can the sort tabs in the grid view all sort and also alow for reverse order (and multiple sorts for the

status coloum.

Right click on a row in grid view to go to address book, email corrospondence, invoices, web listing...etc.
Would be nice if double clicking a row brought up *all* pertaining information on a new page (even the listing and photos). Sometimes your shipping department needs some visual stimulation so not to ship the wrong item. This could look the the preview page, but with fields up top for the known info.

Toolbar buttons across top of grid view to switch "show" modes instead of the separate dialog, or even better if you had 5 new buttons where a right click brought up the old checkbox dialog for what to show and assigned that setting to the button.

Can the program automatically update your auctions at schedualled intervals or times?

Can the program end an auction? Man, it would be great to select 5 auctions and have them end immediately from AW (and change status of course)

Can the program revise an auction? (Would also keep the AW record the same as the true auction)

More on address book integration... Would be great if the program could just access the Outlook (in my case) address book database and add the pertaining information whenever it is added to AW. You could specify a common sentance for it to automatically put in the notes (or whatever) field (ie ebay, ebay customer, winning bidders etc) so you could search for all of them in the email app under that flag.
If people were touchy about automatically adding info to their main mail folders, you could make it so they could create a separate "Auction Wizard" group that would be the only place the program would modify.

More on email integration... I probably didn't explain well earlier (imagine that). What I meant to say is that it would be cool if AW could scan the Outlook email file (at intervals or times) and compare same email addresses to those in it's own database, and import the matching emails into an area readable when you are viewing that customer in AW. A pain, but you'd be amazed how much time goes into going back to see what you had discussed prior to a bid, and what you had promised...etc.

Definitely nice software here.... could you think about plans to integrate:

A watch list... Just a IE button that when pressed adds the auction to a watch list section of AW and updates end time and price. Some features for this can be found in other programs that do this, but it is not uncommon for many people to be buying and selling at the same time. An alarm popup...etc would be nice.
Hehehe... you'd be suprised at the auctions I've missed while *listing* and auction.
The same button could right click to open AW, remove the auction from the watch page...etc.
Forget the sniping aspect that many watching app's have. Most do it via sniping services and nobody needs the hassle caused by software failing to get the bid through.

Blah Blah Blah.... hope you don't get sick of me too fast!

Sean

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/12/03 01:42 PM

1. Bug reports and feature requests should be emailed to technical support at info@auctionwizard2000.com.

2. You can close the Image Editor window and save the changes you have made by clicking the Save and Exit button on the toolbar at the top of the window.

3. The Image Editor does not support PhotoShop plugins.

4. You cannot generate an Invoice for a single Auction Lot. Invoices can be generated for all un-invoiced Auction Lots by selecting Tasks | Generate Invoices... from the menu bar.

5. Auction Wizard 2000 does not have generic import capability. It can only import data from Seller's Assistant Pro or directly from any supported auction site.

The rest of your suggestions are on our suggestion list.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

retrosoft
(Unregistered)
12/01/03 05:30 PM

Sean,

Appreciating your obvious attention to detail and after using this software for a while, I am wondering how you feel about AW2K and how it stacks up against other programs.

Would you mind sharing?

I've been using Turbo Lister for about 2 years. Just installed AW and starting to evaluate.

Todd Stubbe
retrosoft
todd@earjoy.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads