Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5825 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/29/03 05:45 AM
How do I get rid of last years Invoices and Lots-  

How does one get rid of last years invoices and old lots from last year. Also the ledger has all last years earnings as well on it. I see no way of deleting all this so only this year shows. Its eating up so much memory on my computer that it wants to freeze up all the time because there is too much on the program. Its hard to keep any other programs running because of this program eating up so much memory.Maybe if i got rid of all last years input my program would work better. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate some feedback on this. some days I want to throw this program away because of this. don't get me wrong I like this program alot, I just need to get rid of some of the data. Thank you!!!!!!!

rodgw
(Unregistered)
10/29/03 07:50 AM
Re: How do I get rid of last years Invoices and Lots- new [re: Anonymous]  

I think the tool your looking for is under the, tools - database tools - purge archive utility.
But be carefull. If I understand this correctly the purge is just that, it is not a true archive.
So make a backup and rename it something that saves it so if you have to go back to it for reports you can.
I would also email Thom directly and get an answer to this.
Don't go into this blindly, wouldn't want you to loose you whole database.
rodgw

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/03/03 08:51 PM
Re: How do I get rid of last years Invoices and Lots- new [re: rodgw]  

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try. I have tried other things and nothing seems to work. I get more frustrated every day because of this problem. I don't understand why its not a big problem for most people who have had this program a year or so. It takes forever to get ads ready for auctions anymore and its costing me money not being able to get hardly any ads on in the evenings. I spend all my time freezing up and rebooting my machine. Can't have any other programs on because this program is eating all the memory anymore. Something has to give. Thanks again, Sandy

GrandmaP
(Unregistered)
02/07/04 08:31 PM
Re: How do I get rid of last years Invoices and Lots- new [re: Anonymous]  

I, also, am looking into clearing out AW but need to, of course, archive records. How has this worked for you? I am not having problems with my memory, but I need to have a clean inventory/sales to start the new year with. Hope all worked well - If you have some tips, please share! Thanks - P

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads