Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 19341 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
davidroberts
(stranger )
11/03/03 04:20 PM
Enough is Enough  

I have been using AW2000 for over a year now and believe I’m not the only one that has been waiting for something other than bug fixes and sorting routines to help us with our auctions.

I have tried to find out from Thom just what is the plan for updates to AW2000 and I’ve yet to get an answer. When I ask for a change to the program, all I get is “We’ll add it to our list of suggestions”. Well, personally, I’m tired of hearing this. I’ve waited for a year now to see something of substance change about this program and I haven’t seen anything of true worth. I believe it is time to put some pressure on the developers of AW2000 to at least do the following:

1) Fix the bug that causes AW2000 to bomb when switching windows within Windows XP. Approximately 20% of the time, when I hit the “Alt-Tab” button when AW2000 is “updating auction lots”, the program just stops its update. Then when I try to do anything else within AW2000, I get a “memory error” and it requires me to exit AW2000 and then get back in.
2) Create a way to automatically send customers a “thank you” email after you process an order. It only makes sense to me, that since you have a “TASKS” menu, that includes:

Update Auction Lots
Generate Invoice
Notify Winning Bidder
Print Shipping Labels

Wouldn’t it make sense to add “send Thank you emails” to customers after processing an order and before “Print Shipping Labels”

3) Allow the importation of a COMPLETE shipping address via the “CTRL-C” key. What I mean is that if I highlight an entire address from a paypal address, I should be able to hit “Ctrl-Z” and paste that address directly into AW2000
4) We should be able to export more than a shipping address from the “Print Shipping Label screen”. More and more programs, such as Dazzle Label printing software, have the ability to import “Type of Shipping, Insurance, Value of Product, Invoice #, and Product Title. Why can’t we have the ability to export more fields in AW2000?
5) Approximately 4 months ago, AW2000’s “update auction lots” procedure slowed to a crawl on Ebay. I have yet to get an answer why. We update approximately 1000 auctions a night and what used to take 10-15 minutes 4 months ago, now takes over an hour. We have noticed no other slowdown either on a website or any other program and use a cable modem to access the internet.
6) The ability to create your OWN reports. The reports in AW2000 are virtually useless since you can’t customize them.

7) Being able to highlight an auction ID number in the invoices window and hit “Ctrl-C” to copy it instead of right clicking and using the pull down menus. Shouldn’t this be standard for ANY windows application?

Lastly, let me say that it could be that EVERY suggestion I’ve made above are on some “suggested list of things to do”, but the bottom line is I HAVEN’T SEEN ANY OF THE NEEDED CHANGES. None of them have come to fruition. I will say though, that Thom has been awesome when it came to “bug fixes” that routinely makes his program incompatible with Ebay, but I say enough is enough. I want to see some features added AND I want to see a list of “upcoming new features” and “projected completion dates”. Personally, I’ve offered to pay more for AW2000 and even offered to pay for specific changes, but have always been turned down. I say, it’s time to make some noise!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/02/04 11:03 AM
Re: good suggestions new [re: davidroberts]  

perhaps most importantly the ability to schedule an auction launch is sorely missing from aw2k and would finally make it competitive with other auction managers.

im not talking a "scheduler" type program, just a simple option to delay the launch of an auction or group of auction using aw2ks already existing options.

yes, some updates would be nice. i like aw2k too, but not being able to schedule an auction is a serious drawback to me and would be tremendously helpful to others.

your requests #3,4,5 and 7 would be very much used by me too!

AnonymousAlso
(Unregistered)
01/06/04 04:08 PM
Re: good suggestions new [re: Anonymous]  

During the past month, I've been reviewing AW2000 along with competing desktop auctionManagement apps. I've come reeeeal close to settling on AW2000 as being the best bet...

...and agree that the features requested earlier in this thread are "sorely missing" in comparison to competing apps.

I also want to point out that the apparent lack of improvement / enhancement to the AW2000 product (evident from reading the myriad long-outstanding feature requests) is the primary reason I haven't yet plonked my money down for an AW2000 registration.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/07/04 03:13 AM
Re: good suggestions new [re: AnonymousAlso]  

I agree on the lack of improvement. The long-awaited addition of Amazon to AW has never materialized, as well as any result to the growing list of messages on this board asking for eBay motors support. It seems to have been more of the status quo ever since the AW management met up with the eBay bigwigs at that bash in Florida last year.

CSPtrader
(stranger )
01/07/04 11:19 AM

You can use Ebay's scheduling options with AW2k, it is part of one of the 4 page tabbed dialog that appears when you submit your listings.

magicka
(journeyman)
01/15/04 11:49 AM
Re: good suggestions new [re: CSPtrader]  

other auction services offer the option to schedule an auction at the time of your choosing without using ebays scheduling services. theres no reason i can see that aw2k doesnt offer this feature as well. those of us who schedule alot of auctions and or need to schedule them at various times through the day / week to hit our target buyers could really use / need this feature...
hey it would even be great for the occasional lister who may still use aw2k that doesnt want to forget to list at a particular time, but mostly i'm thinking about regular users with tight schedules that could use such a feature (which the other services already offer) to set thier auctions up and move on to other business.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/28/04 11:44 AM
Re: Enough is Enough new [re: davidroberts]  

I had the same trouble, or I thought was trouble, with AW2000 stopping the update when I hit the ALT-TAB key to go to another window and then the memory error. Then one day I made a discovery. I was busy and the update had stopped, or I thought it had. I thought well fiddle, I'll fix this in a minute. I turned around later and the update was completed. So I started checking. On just one computer in my entire network, I have this happen all of the time. I will go to other windows and it appears that AW2000 has stopped updating, but it has not. The progress bar has just disappeared. If you lay down all of your other programs and then lay down AW2000 you will see the progress bar for a split second on the desktop. Leave the program alone and it will complete the update. When I stopped messing with the program until the update finished, the errors also stopped.

In response to #7, you can CTRL-C to copy the auction id numbers out of invoices. Simply click on the id number you wish to copy and then click again. The blue hilite will reduce in size to just around the id number. Hit CTRL-C and it is copied. I use this function every single day, hundreds of time a day.

The reduced speed of updating we fixed by adding internet speed. When we added additional computers intoour network, the download speed was reduced greatly. Your ISP can help. The program can only be as responsive as your connection speed, cable, Broadband, dial up or satellite.

We send thank you notes to all our buyers. We created our own template in the email manager. You are already in the invoice entering in the payments. Just queue out a "thank you" at that time.

You can customize the reports. When you pull up the report that you want, the options are all on the right side of the pane. There are plenty of reports and options available to meet most any need. After 30 years of being owning my own business, sometimes, you simply have to write it down.

The copy and paste feature for addresses from Paypal to AW2000 would be handy. But it is not insurmontable. If you don't want to type, then copy and paste one line at a time.

No program will ever have every single feature that every single user would like. Too many people with too many tastes. You have to find the program that will work the best for you and find ways around the few inconveniences that the program may have. I will have to say that the tech support is unbeatable. I used eBay's auction management tools for 6 LONG months. When I finally received an answer from their tech department, I can't recall the answer ever being helpful. And far be it from them to ever call or contact me. Thom on the other hand, has called my business to talk me through serious network problems and program difficulties. And he spent a great deal of time doing it. For me the tech support far weighs anything else out there for auction management. (And I have tried most all of them).

thewomenfolk
(stranger )
03/14/04 10:32 PM
Re: Enough is Enough new [re: Anonymous]  

You don't have to copy/paste the address from Paypal into the Invoice. Just highlight the address and hit the 'store buyer address' next to the hand on the toolbar above. I think its blue.

Superdairyboy
(Unregistered)
04/22/04 11:51 AM
Re: Enough is Enough new [re: davidroberts]  

What do we need to do to see some program updates? are there any big secret plans or somthing. is there going to be a huge new upgrade. or the aw2k team just burned out

Brian

ZZisMe
(stranger )
04/22/04 02:12 PM

Well..... I hate to be the black sheep here... but for the money, I think the program is awesome. Yes, it's not quite what others may be.. but for those of us who list hundreds of auctions below $5. a per transaction charge would put me out of biz.. AND if AW2K does all these upgrades everyone wants.. do you think the price is going to stay where it is?? Not paying a monthly charge or per transaction charge is awesome if you ask me..
The 60 day trial period is long enough to gather the money to buy your license in the money you save by using it.
So if there are going to be any upgrades, I sure hope it's not going to drive the price up. I would much rather list when I can rather than eat up more of my profits to have it done automatically at a more convienent time.
Hope this doesn't get a bunch of booooooo's but it's my 2cents.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads