Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 4533 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

atticonline
(stranger )
11/09/03 07:43 PM
Wish List  

Hi,

I'm hoping on coming back to AW2000 because of it's user friendliness.... I used AW2000 for a few years but recently have found another service. I'm hoping that some new enhancements will be made in the future.... here's what some of the competition is now offering:
1. Scheduled listings - repeat listings and automatic relists. ( I don't have to be at my computer at the time or date I would like my listing to launch - I don't have to click anything for my auctions to automatically relist)
2. Automatic winning bidder emails sent - without clicking a button. (I don't have to be at my computer for the emails to go directily out to the winning bidders)
3. Alternative shipping: either calculated shipping with being able to add a mark up to the shipping amount.
4. Various shipping prices and fields: I'm currently using: U.S. - $, Canada $, Other international $ and being able to add different price for each. (this is great so I don't get swamped with international bidder emails asking a shipping price - they choose which shipping preference in my check-out)
5. A check out where the winning bidder can go and complete their shipping information and it be able to download directly into your program. (no more copy and pasting)

Most of these vendors have very good web-based utilities but terrible downloadable software.... or slow listing pages. I wish I could have the best of both these worlds with AW2000.... you guys have really got it together with the downloadable software....

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/06/04 04:54 PM
Re: Wish List new [re: atticonline]  

=============
5. A check out where the winning bidder can go and complete their shipping information and it be able to download directly into your program. (no more copy and pasting)
=============

Although I agree with your position on the other requested features, THIS ONE is unreasonable. AW2000 is a desktop app. Yep it's LAN-networkable...

...but it (as a desktop Windows auction management application) cannot "have a checkout where..."

Here's an analagous scenario:

Sold! users rallied the developer to create a "counter solution".
The developers did.
It's half-assed...
...and now (right now. Jan 2004) those users are grumbling, and trying to figure out how to turn off the counter "feature" (and get it to STAY off) and looking to SellAThon.com and other ASPs (application service providers) for a more robust web-driven solution. {---- Where they should have been looking all along, rather than expecting such a thing from the developer of their desktop auctionManagement app.

Respectfully Yours,

AnonymousToo

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads