Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7386 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

magicka
(journeyman)
01/15/04 11:45 AM
Wish List: Auction Scheduler / timed auctions  

I've been using AW2k for awhile now and the only big feature i feel everyday thats still missing is the capability to schedule an auction.

I'm not talking about some kind of seperate scheduler of any sort or anything fancy here. Just the abilty to; when posting an auction choose when you want to list it, Now or to Set a listing time.
If you want to launch an auction at a later time or date you just enter that time and as long as the program is running, aw2k will use the existing routines to automatically post the auction(s). aw2k already utilizes a timer to set time between auctions, why not use this same type of routine to time auction scheduling?

It doesn't seem like there is any reason why this isn't possible utilizing AW2ks existing structure, so there would be little to no overhead added.

Thom, this would be extremely helpful to every level of customer, those who list hundreds of auctions throughout the day could schedule them and walk away to get to other business, and those who have a variety of specialty items that want to be listed at different times and different places could also 'set it and forget it'.

Almost all the online listing programs/services offer this feature and imho its the only feature aw2k doesnt offer that the 'big boys' do. Is this a planned option, hopefully for a near future version?

Thanks!

magicka
(journeyman)
01/26/04 10:31 AM
Re: Wish List: Auction Scheduler / timed auctions new [re: magicka]  

a link to what i had posted over at Jackis board too.

http://pub83.ezboard.com/fauctionwizarddiscussionboardfrm25.showMessage?topicID=265.topic

is there a possibility of this being added to the next version or update or soon? it would be extremely helpful. thanks!

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
01/26/04 02:02 PM
Re: Wish List: Auction Scheduler / timed auctions new [re: magicka]  

We plan to add the ability to launch auctions at a specified time without using eBay's Scheduled Listing feature. We do not yet have a timeframe for when that capability will be added. There are internal structural changes that need to be made to the software before that feature can be properly implemented.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

magicka
(journeyman)
02/03/04 07:40 AM
Re: Wish List: Auction Scheduler / timed auctions new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Fantastic, thats great news Thanks for the update!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads