Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 4834 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Dairyboy
(Unregistered)
01/16/04 06:56 PM
Shopping.com and Froogle  

Any one here upload Data to Shopping.com or Froogle? is this Something we can do from our Aw2k Database? or do we have do do this another way? Anyone have any Clue how To do this. we on this side are very ignorant in this area

Thanks
Dairyboy

Tradeguy
(member)
01/18/04 04:29 AM
Re: Shopping.com and Froogle new [re: Dairyboy]  

Hi Dairyboy -

I just started submitting to Froogle using the AW2K database export function. It's not 100% straight forward, and my technique won't work for everyone. For one thing, Froogle won't allow you to link to an auction or you store within Ebay. But I use aw2k to create and maintain an online store with seperately accessible pages for each product (another froogle requirement).

The only complication is that froogle requires the specific URL of the product page and of the product picture. I just used 2 of the "user fields" to add this info to my records. The fields won't hold the entire URL, so I just put in the html page and the picture file name - I fix this in using search/replace in Excel before sending the file to froogle.

To prepare the datafile for export, just select the fields and change the order to match the froogle feed requirements, and output the CSV. Edit what you need in Excel (or some other spreadsheet), and save as tab-delineated text.

Some of this is as easy as it sounds, and some isn't..heh. Putting in all the filenames is time-consuming, but in my case, only needs to be done once (and when I add new products).

There are probably other ways to accomplish this as well...

Rich

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads