Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5438 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

wheeloftime
(newbie)
08/26/04 06:04 AM
Aw2k 2.2 Beta First Impression  

Well, the link to the Aw2k 2.2 beta installation version did work again and I have just installed it plus the latest beta update over my existing Aw2k 2.1. This is just my first impression/experiences based on a short time of using it. I haven't done any listings yet with the beta also so I can't tell if and how that goes but as most changes seem to be 'under the hood' I expect little problems with that.
My remarks are solely based on how I use Aw2k which means I do not use all the options available especially not those concerning the ability to send emails en masse to buyers. My reason not to use that ability is that I like to stay personal and with about 100 auctions per month that is still managable.
Anyhow, installation went without hitch as did the latest beta update. The databases have been changed accordingly and besides a lot of new fields I didn't see any problems and/or missing data for my existing Inventory, auctions, ledgers, emails, invoices etc.

My remarks so far (I hope the development will read this also):
1) Now we have the ability to define a gallery image url (after unhiding it through the program options) at the inventory level.
That is nice if you want to use something else as the first picture but I miss the ability to browse for it.
As I haven't listed yet I am not completely sure but it seems I still can not have a gallery image on a per inventory/auction base. That means it is all or nothing or listing one by one changing the gallery image option all the time.to save some bucks for auctions which don't neccessarlly need a gallery image. For me it would be greatly appreciated if I can tell Aw2k on a per inventory/auction base if I want a gallery image with it or not.

2) I am European, I have set my system wide settings to the $ sign and my default system language to English to avoid problems with US-English based applications. What I didn't do is changing my system default date settings to US format as I do not want to go that far and besided that I think any application should be able to convert dates internally to the correct format. For years now I can not run any report within Aw2k when my system date is set to dd-mm-yyyy
Of all things I had hoped, or better expected, this would be solved with the new version of Aw2k but it hasn't alas. I still have to set my system wide date format to mm/dd/yyyy before I can run a report. This sucks and I silently pray this will be resolved in the final version. It would also be very nice if the valuta sign would be independant of ones system default settings....
Am I the only European (Dutch as a matter of fact) user of Aw2k :-) ?

3) I can offer two shipping methods (priority or standard) and I have defined userfield 5 and userfield 6 for this.
Based on this and the final auction bid I try to let Aw2k calculate the totals but this only works for userfield5 in combination with <#AltTotalNoUser6 f=c> which doesn't make much sense but seems the only working way for at least one of the totals. This is true for Aw2k 2.1 and also still for Aw2k 2.2 beta.

As these remarks are not related to the overall functioning of 2.2 beta I would like to add that so far it seems to be fine to use the new 2.2 !

Cheers,
Howard

http://www.wheeloftime.nl

rodgw
(Unregistered)
08/26/04 10:47 AM
Re: Aw2k 2.2 Beta First Impression new [re: wheeloftime]  

I have a suspision concerning the gallery image and here it is.
It would mean a extra manual step, but would probably be easier than going through eBay to make a gallery change.
IF, you upload the picture you want as a gallery image to the area that stores you pictures for your auctions. You should be able to reference that image URL in your auction/inventory listings.
My suspitions come from my fooling around with that field. I had put in an address for a picture that I didn't upload. I forgot to clear that field when I sent my auctions off to eBay. And that URL was loaded into the eBay field for the gallery image. I had to go into eBay and fix it to what was needed.
Make sense? So we can reference a different picture but we have to manually make it available for eBay to see/find it.
Again I haven't tested this therory, and I won't be able to until next week. So if one of the other beta lab rats want's to run with this - kool.
rodgw

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads