Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7816 *Threaded Mode

mohair
(Unregistered)
11/01/04 10:05 PM
combining sales including non auction  

I have not yet down loaded the trial. I am searching for a program that will allow me to have my auction and ebay stores customers in the same data base that my direct sales customers are, as often I have customers where 1/2 the order is auction and 1/2 is direct email . as in regular customers will buy from ebay and email for me to add another item or 2 , so far none of the software I have tried including pay pals will let me do that
thanks

rodgw
(Unregistered)
11/02/04 08:26 AM
Re: combining sales including non auction new [re: mohair]  

I took a quick look at the AW help file about invoices.
If I'm reading it correctly you can do just what your asking.
The only "trick" you need to have the customer in your database and "I Think" you need to have the item in and "auction lot", even though it isn't really an auction item. AW still needs to know where to find the item your invoicing.
Below is what I was reading.
Also, if you down load the trial of AW your down loading the whole program and the help you get from the AW people and users is just the same as if you really owned the program.
Down load it and experiment with it. You can always take it off of your system if you don't like it. But I think you will.

rodgw

(this is from the AW help file about manual invoices)

There are situations where you may want to create an Invoice for a sale not made on an Auction Site. For these situations, you need to create an Invoice manually. You may also manually add Invoice Items to an Invoice. Invoices created manually can use the same back-end processes as generated Invoices, with the notable exception of leaving feedback (which can only be done for items that were sold on an auction site).

To manually create a new Invoice, click the Add Invoice button on the toolbar at the top of the Invoices window.

Selecting the Buyer
When you create an Invoice, you must select the buyer to which the Invoice belongs. The Select Buyer and Auction Profile for New Invoice dialog box is displayed for this purpose. Use this dialog box to associate the new Invoice with a buyer record. If the buyer is someone you have Invoiced in the past, find their existing buyer record. There are controls available on the dialog box to help you search for an existing buyer.

Creating a New Buyer
If you have not sold to this buyer before, you can create a new buyer record for them by clicking the Add Buyer... button. The Add New Buyer dialog box is displayed. Fill in all of the fields for the buyer. If the buyer's name and shipping address are unknown, you may leave these fields blank. However, if you know the buyers email address, you must fill that field in. Click the OK button to create the new buyer record and close the Add New Buyer dialog box. The new buyer will be selected in the Select Buyer and Auction Profile for New Invoice dialog box.

Once the buyer's record is selected in the Buyer Name and Address grid on the Select Buyer and Auction Profile for New Invoice dialog box, you need to select the Auction Profile to use for the new Invoice. Use the Auction Profile drop down list to select the profile. Click the OK button to close the dialog box and create the new Invoice. The new Invoice will be displayed on the Invoices window.

Adding Invoice Items

Invoice Items are added to Invoices from the Invoice Items tab on the Invoices window. To add a new Invoice Item to the current Invoice, click the Add Invoice Item button on the toolbar at the top of the Invoice Items tab. The Add Item to Invoice dialog box is displayed. Use the dialog box to select the Auction Lot or Inventory Item that you want to add to the Invoice, then click the OK button.

Note: If you add an Inventory Item to an Invoice, an Auction Lot record is created from it. The new Auction Lot record is used to create the Invoice Item.

After you have selected the Auction Lot (or Inventory Item), the Enter Sale Price dialog box is displayed. It is used to enter the Quantity, Sale Price, Shipping Cost, Insurance Cost and Taxable data for the new Invoice Item. If any of this data already exists on the Auction Lot, the corresponding dialog box fields will be filled-in. When the data is entered correctly, click the OK button. The new Invoice Item is added to the Invoice and all of the Invoice total fields are recomputed.

Tradeguy
(member)
11/02/04 10:03 AM

I use AW2K for my Ebay auctions, Ioffer auctions, and my standalone webstore. No problem adding invoice items from different sources - I've done it many times. In fact, about 40% of my biz is NON ebay, and AW2K works great!

I even use it to for my custom work since I can edit item descriptions (I have a default "extra items" inventory item I use for this purpose).

Extremely flexible program!

Rich

mohair
(Unregistered)
11/02/04 02:51 PM
Re: combining sales including non auction new [re: Tradeguy]  

Thank you both, This seems like just what I was looking for, another ebay member had mentioned it so I cameover to look . Looks like it is time to try the trial

wheeloftime
(newbie)
11/03/04 07:52 AM

To add to what you already know by now: it is no problem at all to mix your eBay and non-Ebay sales within an invoice. Just create your inventory and use that for eBay or non-eBay sales.

Regards,
Howard
http://www.wheeloftime.nl

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads