Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6247 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(stranger )
12/04/04 10:15 AM
Wish List for Email  

I would like to have an option to set the main Email window to always show the Database Record Panel. I need it open at least 85% of the time, so I would rather have to click to close it on the infrequent occasions when it is unwanted than to have to click to open all the other times.
Thanks, tictictic

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/04/04 09:12 PM
Re: Wish List for Email new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Toggle button on a toolbar would do.

Tradeguy
(member)
12/05/04 02:10 PM
Re: Wish List for Email new [re: Anonymous]  

Most of the email I process are matched up by auction ID, email, or invoice number - and when you match them, the database panel opens automatically.

If an email subject has an auction#, it also opens automatically.

I would guess it's not open by default since the record shown would have no relationship to the email, and that could be confusing and lead to errors.

tictictic_OnEbay
(stranger )
12/06/04 01:41 AM
Re: Wish List for Email new [re: Tradeguy]  

You are right (actually I'm not sure about this...), but I get a lot of email from buyers who have either deleted my email to them and are writing from "scratch", or they change the Subject line when they reply, or they go to the auction and use the email links there, or their own email set-up has cut off some or all of the invoice number, or they're at work and decide they must ask something with no reference to the Invoice number......grrrr. And in all these cases, there's no Invoice number for AW to refer to. I wish AW was able to recognize email addresses, too.

But here's the thing..... I could swear that even when the Inv number IS in the Subject line, the Database Record Panel doesn't always pop open. I just sent myself an email from a different program, with an Inv number in the Subject, and the DB Record Panel did indeed open. I'll have to keep an eye on this. Will have more buyer replies in the next couple days. I'll watch closely.

tictictic on eBay

P.S. I think it was that gadfly Rich who suggested over on the EXBoard that I should just remove auction titles from my Subject lines so that there would always be room for the Inv numbers and I wouldn't have to truncate the Titles. I tried that, but it made it very hard for me to pick out an email from the "crowd", so to speak. Gotta have the titles. I'm thinking I'll try placing the Inv numbers in FRONT of the auction Titles.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads