Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 11645 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

nos_grunt
(stranger )
01/28/05 01:46 AM
Overstock.com Auctions ?  

Hi guys,

Long time, no.. chat. Anywho, I recently read a short article describing eBay's fee hikes and Overstock's fee reduction, as quoted below:

"Overstock.com is quickly taking market share from eBay. In response to eBay's fee increase announcement last week Overstock.com announced a 52% reduction in auction listing fees. Overstock.com will only continue to increase in popularity in 2005 and has a strong Alexa rank of 172, meaning that they are the 172nd most popular site on the Internet."

I cannot find any auction management software that handles Overstock auctions. I think Thom would do very well to add this capability to AW2K. Does anyone know if there are any rumors regarding them implementing this into AW2K soon?

Thanks and best regards,
JR

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/29/05 08:02 PM
Re: Overstock.com Auctions ? new [re: nos_grunt]  

I would really love to try Overstock - and might anyway, as I have been able to run my webpage as well as ebay items through Auction Wizard - but I would love the additional support of Overstock.com to AW.
I'm about through with ebay anyway after the miserable Fall we had (starting in August - with a very small upswing late November). Our margins are too small to survive another hike, and I know I can get more advertising bang for my buck spending "ebay's" $900/month elsewhere.

nos_grunt
(stranger )
01/30/05 09:20 PM
Re: Overstock.com Auctions ? new [re: Anonymous]  

Hi,
How do you run your webpage sales through AW? I've been looking for a program to manage my website sales (once I launch it) but was searching desperately for a program that could handle this. Had no idea AW would do this! Any info you have on this would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
nos_grunt

LennyS
(Unregistered)
01/31/05 03:19 PM

I, too, am fed up with eBay's greed and uncaring attitude towards their sellers. I am anxious to list with another auction venue as soon as possible - this one seems like an up and comer. Please work on it, Thom. Lenny Salandi gemsoftheearth

urbanprospector
(stranger )
02/06/05 10:25 AM
Re: Overstock.com Auctions ? new [re: LennyS]  

I don't expect to sell at overstock but I have set up my own website and would like to figure out how to use AW2K for my website transactions. Linda

wheeloftime
(journeyman)
02/06/05 10:49 PM
Re: Overstock.com Auctions ? new [re: urbanprospector]  

That's easy:
Create a new invoice manually by going to the invoices section and click on the '+' button at the top. Add the buyer details and the first part is done. You now have the invoice for the buyer and the next step would be to add the products to the invoice. On the invoice page you will also find a '+' button at the lower part with which you can add inventory (or auctions if you already made the specific product into an auction before). The rest is just similar to handling auctions.
A lot of auction related stuff you do not have to fill in like categories, pictures etc. Be aware that Aw2k will create an auction lot for manually added inventory to an invoice also but you can leave that as it is and don't have to worry and/or do anything with it.
Hope this helps !

Kind regards,
Howard
http://www.wheeloftime.nl

urbanprospector
(stranger )
02/07/05 08:38 PM
Re: Overstock.com Auctions ? new [re: wheeloftime]  

thanks howard.
that's just what I need. The more I use AW2K the more impressed I am with the program. I just made my first sale from my web page and this feature is going to allow me to keep track of all internet sales through AW2K. Right now all my web items are in AW as I had an ebay store, so I think the transition to other internet sales will work fine. I reallly appreciate your help. linda

Marlya
(Unregistered)
02/17/05 05:30 PM

I am going to go full steam ahead with Overstock and really hope that Thom takes the site seriously too. I personally know of several,I mean several ex-ebayers that are moving to the big "O" I have had some success at selling there, while others have done even better. PLEASE Thom, really consider integrating the "O" into AW2000. I can't be without my auction program. Marlya...who LOVES AW2000!!!!!

guitrldy
(stranger )
02/18/05 10:34 PM

Add my vote to support Overstock! There's talk on O's forums about releasing the tools needed to bring more auction management software developers on board. Sounds like they're going to be very open to new listing tools for their site!

Lisa W.

-------------
guitrldy

WiseOldTroll
(Unregistered)
02/19/05 01:28 PM

Hey guys,

I agree that Ebay has forgotten who made them what they are today, and needs some healthy competetion at least, and a down right "kick in the behind"/taken down a notch or two. The ONLY way this is going to happen is if they start losing market share, and if sellers (and buyers) stand up/STICK TOGETHER and hit them where it hurts. One way to do this is to start supporting other sites and let Ebay know that you are doing so, and why. Overstock.com knows that Ebay has made many people (sellers) angry, and is not treating their sellers as they should. Another site that will be getting some of my business is www.onlineauction.com. I encourage everyone to check them out, and read the "About us" page while there. What will stand out immediately to any seller is that you pay only $8 per month, and NO Final Value Fees !!! That's right... NO FV Fees. Regardless of how many auctions you list, or relist, you only pay $8 per month. They also have an auction format that keeps the auction going if a bid is placed in the last couple of minutes of an auction and this prevents sniping (so a buyer with an interested pair of sellers will get a better selling price too!) They also encourage you to link to your own website, and allow direct emailing outside of their site to contact other members. They have many other awesome features, and are aiming directly at the things that make Ebay difficult and annoying to do business with. Sites like this and overstock need to have customers to survive though. If buyers and sellers do not show, they will not survive. I encourage anyone who is tired of the way Ebay has forgotten those who made them the online auction powerhouse that they are today to check out onlineauction.com and start doing some of your business there. And, be sure to "spread the word" to others, AND, let Ebay know that you are doing it!!

P.S. I DO NOT work for or have any vested interest in onlineauction.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads