Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5863 *Threaded Mode

RayW
(stranger )
06/18/02 05:40 PM
Starting again  

Was wondering if there is a way to start AW 2k again from the very begining w/no auctions. But still keep a backup of all work done so far. What I am looking to do is store the back up on either a floppy or cd-rom. Which files can I transfer?

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
06/19/02 10:48 AM
Re: Starting again new [re: RayW]  

The only way to start over with an empty database is to un-install and re-install Auction Wizard 2000. You can backup your current database using the Database Backup utility (Start | Programs | Auction Wizard 2000 | Backup Database). Backup the database to your hard drive, then burn the backup file to a CD.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

RayW
(stranger )
06/20/02 04:05 AM
Re: Starting again new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Thank you for the info. But do I use the backup folder to burn the infor or is there a specific file for this?

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
06/20/02 11:06 AM
Re: Starting again new [re: RayW]  

There isn't a set folder to use for storing database backups. The Database Backup utility lets you select the folder where you want the backup file stored. I would suggest that you store it somewhere other than the "C:\Aw2000\Backup" folder. That folder is used by the installer for storing files that are replaced when the program is installed or updated.

You will need to know the name of the backup file so that you can burn it to a CD. The help file for the Database Backup utility describes how backup files are named. Click the Help button on the Database Backup utilty's window to open the help file.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads