Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 11999 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pinnedunderjeep
(stranger )
09/05/05 12:03 PM
Are you ever going to update this software??  

Hello all,

I have used AW2000 through it's trial period and know the system pretty well. BUT - and I think a lot of users here would agree - this software is badly in need of many updates. I see good, realistic suggestions from other users, some that are 1, 2, even 3 years old - yet the developers NEVER do anything.

I'd like to buy the software, but what is the point when it appears that it is being left to die on it's own and all your competitors continue to update in response to an ever-evolving online world?

The basics of this system are excellent. In my opinion, many of the features here are far superior to any other desktop auction management software available. But it appears that it is being left to atrophy which is a true shame. The basics are here already - how hard would it be?? Take the huge list of suggestions your usres have already given you, prioritize them and then roll up your sleeves and get to work.

If I had even an inkling of an idea that you were putting some effort into your product, I'd buy it in a second.

I would love to hear what the developers have to say. And I would REALLY love to hear your plans for updating the software!!!

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/06/05 03:16 PM
Re: Are you ever going to update this software?? new [re: pinnedunderjeep]  

Auction Wizard 2000 has been upgraded constantly since its initial release. Two major releases with new features have already been made this year. Auction Wizard 2000 Version 2.2, released in January, added many new features requested by our users. The overall design of Auction Wizard 2000 was overhauled in Version 2.2 to facilitate future additions. At the beginning of August support for Overstock.com Auctions was added. Numerous small additions have also been made to the program.

Currently, we are working to add the ability to import data from CSV files into Auction Wizard 2000. When that work is complete, we plan to add support for calculated shipping costs on eBay. More information on these and other developments will be posted on the announcement board as it becomes available.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

pinnedunderjeep
(stranger )
09/06/05 04:51 PM
Re: Are you ever going to update this software?? new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Fair enough, you guys have done _some_ updates to the system, but realistically the updates are few and far between to the point where the system is quickly dating itself. Adding Overstock and Ebay motors is something, but that's the bulk of what's been done in the past six months.

I don't want to get into a war of words - in fact like I said previously I think your software is perhaps the best desktop management software around, I just see it dying out as do others:

http://www.auctionsoftwarereview.com/item.asp?itemid=138

I'll probably end up buying your software anyways as the only other viable options are the ridiculously priced web-based managment tools. I was just hoping that maybe myself and a bunch of other users could get the ball rolling again.

Maybe you could/should raise the price of your system a bit so that more development could be afforded?

Oh and one other thing - I notice that most times when people have a question about the software that they post in the message forum, your stock answer is to email your support address. I think this has been mentioned before by other users - couldn't you just respond on the message forum so we all know how to deal with the issue at hand - even if you wish to help the user one on one, it would be nice if we had the information as well.

Thank you for your time - I do appreciate it.

(Auction Wizard Team)
09/08/05 03:11 PM

Providing technical support in a timely manner is our top priority. The discussion board is not intended to address technical support issues. For this reason, posters of technical support questions are asked to contact us directly at: info@auctionwizard2000.com. Answers to non-technical support questions that apply generally to Auction Wizard 2000 users are answered on the discussion board.

Besides adding new features, Auction Wizard 2000 is frequently updated to stay current with site and category list changes made by all of the supported auction sites. As of this date, 20 program updates have been released this year alone. Adding support for Overstock.com Auctions and eBay Motors took a significant amount of time and effort.

We agree that Auction Wizard 2000 is the best and most affordably priced desktop auction management software. We continually strive to maintain those standards.

magicka
(journeyman)
10/25/05 12:24 PM

its funny, Thom gives the kind of support you probably cant or wont get anywhere else, Personal & Direct Support as opposed to the silly ticket systems offered by the big boys and gets called to the carpet for it.
I've usually received personal and complete answers to any problems I've had with aw2k within 24 hours, not a canned answer but solutions from the developer himself.
Yes it might be nice if there was a more active community around aw2k, but like you said, there is no better desktop solution and it works as does the support.
the one failing of aw2k might be that it doesnt have the popular 'image' some solutions do, but if it works as good or better, we as customers dont need to worry about that.

grumpy3b
(stranger )
11/06/05 09:06 PM
Re: Are you ever going to update this software?? new [re: magicka]  

I think most of us would LOVE to see things roll out super fast...but the reality is Aw2k is rock solid right now...I too would love to see many features added and added yesterday. But, this just can't happen overnight.

I do understand the frustration in the OP but I think you will find that working around the missing parts is worth the cost in exchange for something that simply works...and when eBay changes something Thom has updates out within hours not days or weeks like many others...

And Thom...adding the shipping calc ability....AWESOME DUDE!! And darn it...adding the ability to import CSV will be cool too...more...tell use MORE...pleeeease....hehehehe.... :) OK...I'll wait no questions....
OK...I waited...is it done yet?

;)

(Auction Wizard Team)
11/07/05 08:12 AM
Re: Are you ever going to update this software?? new [re: grumpy3b]  

CSV import capability for Inventory Items, Auction Lots and Invoice data was released on 9/20/05. More information can be found in the help file. Look for "CSV" in the help index.

We are currently adding support for calculated shipping costs on eBay. We do not yet know when it will be completed.

pinnedunderjeep
(stranger )
11/17/05 08:03 AM

I just wanted to come back into these forums and publicly explain and apologize for my previous postings. The thing is I have looked high and low at literally dozens of other auction management systems - both desktop and web-based. AW2000 seemed to be the one that closest matched my requirements, yet I really thought it was a dying piece of software - that was my frustration. The most robust piece of software and I thought it was dying a slow death. Clearly I was wrong.

Since purchasing and using the software, it never ceases to amaze me how deep and useful this system is. I an constantly finding ways to do things better, or do them at all for that matter. The csv import ability is amazing, I've used it to import records from my website in a matter of hours instead of days (I have to massage the data in a spreadsheet first which takes the time...). Realizing that you can link emails to auction lots/invoices is a great feature that I only found out about reading through these forums.

Thom - my sincere apologies, you have a really good product and from what I understand you stand behind it 110%. Keep up the good work!

A very happy customer :)

Marlya
(Unregistered)
12/05/05 01:10 PM

Well, I posted under a different thread about the shipping calculator, wish I would have started here first to see what was said about it. This is great news!!!! Merry Christmas All!!!!!

leeflang
(stranger )
12/15/05 02:50 PM

The robustness, intuitiveness and integration are definitely plussses with AW2K.

I would wish though that the annnounced and never published real network/ MsSql db version would appear.

For companies outgrowing the desktop version, they would otherwise just have to move on and spend a lot of time in learning a new system.

The desktop version's Paradox db is just too small a database to deal with the growth that results in an increase in staff members (so users), data and images (so listings) and collboration.(so remote access requirement).

Why not have two versions? I'll be happy to pay a large amount per year to get such a MsSql db option.

The other thing I would recommend is to open up the database to 3rd party developers. Users want to add company specific custmizations, but that is not possible now: again a growth inhibitor.

Peter

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads