Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 3653 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/10/05 00:11 AM
Been away...thinking of coming back...need comment  

Hello anyone interested in responding,
(I've posted an identical thread like this on Jackie's board, looking for as much input as possible)

I used AW2K for almost 3 years until the end of 2004. Version 2.2, I believe, had just been rolled out or was about to be at that time.

Long story short, I didn't sell for a while. When I started selling again a few months ago, I realized my license had expired and the system requirements for 2.2 were higher than they had been previously. I thought I would temporarily try managing things using an online service and Outlook for a while. I'm not real happy with all the extra work I'm doing and I'm thinking of renewing my license.

I really did use almost all of the features of the program and by and large was very pleased with it. There were a few features missing or some frustrations that I was having. Also, my previous set up involved using a 350 MHz Pentium II machine for AW2K and my newer P4 2.6 Ghz for spreadsheets and everything else.

I need to determine whether it will be worth the renewal fee (not a big issue at the bargain price of $50!) but more importantly choosing to list and manage with AW2K considering some of my previous frustrations and having to revamp how I use my computers.

I didn't find a side by side comparison of Version 1 and the new 2.2 anywhere and would love it if some people who have been here for a while could point out to me what the improvements were.

My "frustrations" previously were:

--------

No item specifics (killed my book sales! and would be disastrous considering the large number of items now item specific dependent)

Inability to set up autoresponders or at least more automated emailing (autoresponders are very important if you're away, of course)

Flexible reports (ability to change or customize not being stuck with just static formats)

Scheduled listings without an additional fee

Tracking PayPal fees

More options with shipping labels such as through USPS Shipping Assistant

Gross / Net Profit based on all costs including cost of item, cost of fees, costs of ACTUAL postage - not what the customer is charged

Built in shipping calculators or the ability to use eBays

Showcase or gallery option

-----------

Everything above I was having to work around or do manually. The emails, gallery / showcase, shipping labels, and calculators were the most time consuming.

I would really appreciate input on this.

Thanks!

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads