Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7298 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

usedrvparts
(stranger )
04/04/06 02:52 PM
Prompt on Exit  

Is there a prompt on program exit selection? I've lost count on how many times I've tried to close an email and shut down the whole program....

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
04/04/06 03:44 PM
Re: Prompt on Exit new [re: usedrvparts]  

Use the button labeled with the word "Close" on the toolbar to close Email Reader windows. That button is far enough away from the "X" button that closes the program to prevent you from accidentally closing the program.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/12/06 10:58 PM

I can relate. Maybe my aged and addled brain is to blame, but.......

I use Microsoft Outlook (not OE) for email, and when I have an email open, closing it means hitting the X in the upper-right corner of the screen. Deleting it means hitting the X that is positioned about 1/3 of the way over from the left in the top menu. Pretty much the reverse of the layout in AW. The colors of MS Outlook are very much like the AW colors -- an exciting gray and white. So when I have an email open in either program, I sometimes have to stop and think "where" I am before hitting the X.

I asked about this very issue many months (years?) ago and got a sort of, uh, dry reply from another Forum member, telling me I should use the button labeled CLOSE. Well, I knew that, for pete's sake. My brain knows which button to hit, but the message doesn't always get to my mouse hand in time. Did ya ever try to turn the lights on when you KNOW the electricity is out?

tictictic

bluepennylady
(stranger )
04/29/06 06:51 PM
Re: Prompt on Exit new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Hi,

Yep, I have done the EXACT same thing. Here's how I solved the problem. I use the "Restore Down" option for the entire Aw2000 window. Then drag the bright blue header up as high as it will go. The regular "X" almost disappears and the only "x" left is the correct one to hit. It solved the problem for my staff as well. That is just what I did "cause I have been known to try and turn on the electricity when I know the power is off as well. :o)

Judy
bluepennylady

Kirk
(stranger )
05/02/06 08:38 AM

The close button is closer and easier then that little X up top, but I have done the same thing many time. Fortunately if you accidentally shut AW down usaually nothing is lost. My vote to keep the button were its at.

Kirk

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads