Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 27147 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ned
(stranger )
06/22/06 10:12 AM
Re: Seven Wishes new [re: bluepennylady]  

"a router as small as a 2 port would work for a PC and a laptop setup."

If you've got broadband (DSL, cable, satellite), very likely your equipment already has a connection for a second computer. If you don't mind running your laptop "tethered", all you'll need is a LAN cable and you're ready to go.

If you'd like to let your laptop roam, you may still have all you need if your present equipment includes a wireless access point. Otherwise you need to get one to be the "base station" for the roaming laptop.

If you are buying a laptop, make certain that it has BUILT-IN wireless capability. In 2006, you should not accept a proposed solution that involves an add-on card. It protrudes from the laptop and could be easily damaged. More important, it's an add-on--you want the wireless networking to be fully integrated by the manufacturer. Even if you don't think you'll use the wireless functionality, get it anyway. You _will_ change your mind during the lifetime of the laptop, and you will be satisfied with it much longer if it can do wireless networking.

Tictic, if you'd like more detailed help, feel free to contact me off-line.

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/22/06 10:16 AM
Re: Seven Wishes new [re: Ned]  

If you are buying a laptop, make certain that it has BUILT-IN wireless capability.

Hear, Hear, Absolutely. My laptop is a couple of years old. Bought it right before the integrated wireless was so common. And I have a wireless card that fits into the side. It can be a real pain in the neck. So consequently here at work, I hard wire my laptop into the network as opposed to using wireless. Besides, our wireless here is SLOW! :o)

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/25/06 04:47 PM
Re: Seven Wishes -- one more new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

I would like to be able to designate an image to be the Gallery Image but NOT have it appear in the auction. I know this can be done by revising a listing at eBay, but it would be much sweeter to be able to do it in AW.

I usually will crop one image down to a significant detail or some part of the image that I think will make a splash as a Gallery picture, but I often don't need this image to appear as one of the auction images. There might be three other images that I'd like to have in a row above the description, and this close-up Gallery image is superfluous and gets in the way of having the other three fit nicely across the top (unless I size them much smaller than I want).

Again, if there's already a way to do this, please fill me in.

tictictic

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/25/06 04:59 PM
Re: Seven Wishes -- one more new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

tictictic,

If there is a method to do that, I sure don't know how. But that is a good idea. Hummm, I wonder how that can be accomplished?

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
08/22/06 02:13 AM
Re: Seven Wishes + 1 new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice to be able to set defaults for the Shipping Calculator settings, such as:

-- Amount of Packaging & Handling Fee

-- Shipping Insurance options

-- Number of domestic shipping services to offer.

Sue (tictictic on ebay)

bluepennylady
(member)
08/22/06 02:57 AM

Sue,

You knew I would post something, now didn't you

Default Shipping Options are available for each Auction Profile. Go to File | Auction Profiles. Click on The "Edit Auction Lots and shipping options Default" button on the bottom of the page for whichever Auction profile you are wanting to set Shipping Option defaults.

Some users configure Auction profiles for all the different Shipping options they offer.

Is that what you are after??

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
08/22/06 11:54 AM
Re: Seven Wishes + 1 new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Well, I have to confess I forgot that was there. I remember setting the defaults up when support for the eBay shipping calculator first became available. The problem for me was that because I use First Class and under-a-pound Priority for most auctions and note the S&H in the description, for my typical items, I would forget to "un-do" the defaults, and the Calculator would show in the auction and be at odds with the cost I'd noted in the description. So I stopped using the shipping defaults.

What would be perfect is if the three things I mentioned -- the number of shipping options to offer, the handling/packing fee, and the insurance option -- could be set as the second tier of defaults for when I DO use the Calculator. In other words, the Profile default would be "Do not specify shipping costs", but for any Lot where I click the Shipping Options tab and check the box for "Specify calculated shipping costs", the three defaults would be set up automatically.

Sue

bluepennylady
(member)
08/22/06 12:13 PM

Good Day to you Sue!!!

Shipping options can be configured to do what you are wanting to do. Or at least if I understand you correctly. Create Auction profiles for all your different shipping options. "Do not specify shipping costs" displays nothing. Select the Auction profile you have configured for a particular shipping cost, then click "Specify shipping cost" the default settings for that particular Auction profile will automatically appear.

The other thing you might consider, if you are not already, is using Inventory Items. If you use Inventory Items and complete the Shipping options for each Auction venue on the Inventory Item, when you switch between Auction profiles, the Shipping options are pulled from the Inventory Items. Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

Edited by bluepennylady on 08/22/06 12:42 PM (server time).

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads