Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 27151 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/14/06 03:37 PM
Seven Wishes new  

Some features I'd like to see added:

FILTERING:
Add a Combo-Filter option to the Show-Hide Invoices list which would allow a user to choose two or more filters to be included in the combination filter, which could then be selected with the check of a single box. For example, I always find myself switching between Show Closed or Show Buyer Not Contacted and Show Waiting Buyer Reply + Waiting for Payment + Waiting to Ship. It would be nice to be able to check a single box for that combination of three filters.

CATEGORY SELECTION:
Make the Category selection dialog box larger to minimize the amount of scrolling needed to locate a particular category. On my 17-inch monitor set at 1280 x 1024, it looks like the box could be about twice as large and still show the Lots window in the background.

LISTING IN THE BACKGROUND:
Enable listing as a background activity, so a user could continue writing descriptions, adding images, editing templates, and so on. Perhaps this would require the listing function to be a separate application. Sometimes, I list a couple dozen auctions with a 5-minute delay between them. I'd like to be able to continue using AW during those delay periods.

SORT GRID VIEW:
When in Invoices and using Grid View, enable the user to sort by Payment Due Date when the invoices are filtered for Waiting for Payment. This would make it easier to determine which buyers need a reminder.

REPORT VIEWING/PRINTING:
When viewing a report such as Offline Lots sorted by Title, enable the user to select a Lot and switch back (Alt-Tab?) to the Lots window to make changes -- to change the Lot's Status or delete them. An even better enhancement would be to enable the user to rightclick a Lot and select Change Status, Delete, Queue, etc. Printing the Report is not a viable option -- in my case, it's 75 pages long. Or if that's not feasible, enable the user to select noncontiguous Lots from the list for printing.

IMAGE PLACEMENT:
Enable the user to select "First Image on Top and Others on Bottom" as a layout option in the HTML Template Editor, Page Properties-Page Layout. I know this can be achieved with a template, but that requires uploading the top image separately and adding its URL as a Page Component for each individual auction Lot you want set up this way.

VIEWING EMAIL:
When viewing Sent email within a particular Invoice, enable the user to click an arrow to go to the next email in the list for that Invoice. Currently, the email needs to be closed to get back to the list or the user needs to return to the Invoices window and click the next email, in which case, they all end up open and need to be individually closed. Additionally, it would be very convenient to be able to rightclick the icons for open emails (in the vertical column) to close them rather than having to click to view them again and then click Close.

There's always the chance these features are already enabled, and I simply don't know where they are. If so, please clue me in! Thanks.

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/15/06 00:23 AM
Re: Seven Wishes new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

HI,

Filtering:
Have you considered using the Invoice Grid view and sort by Status. That is what I do. Sorting by Invoice Status, all those Invoice status' are grouped together so you can breeze through each status in the matter of a couple of minutes. When you are done, just change back to the default which is sort by Invoice number. Just a thought.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/15/06 03:39 PM
Re: Seven Wishes new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy/blue,

Grid View has never been my cup of tea. Maybe it's because I seldom have more than 40 or 50 auctions going, and almost all for different items (old stuff), so I'm not dealing with routine transactions day after day. I need to see the pics and descriptions when dealing with invoices.

From your answer, I think I may not have been clear about what I was wishing for. I find myself hitting the Show-Hide icon dozens of times a day and checking/unchecking boxes -- Show All, Closed, or Buyer not Contacted, or the COMBINATION of Waiting Buyer Reply PLUS Waiting for Payment PLUS Waiting to Ship -- that combination is kind of my default filter. If only one box is already checked, unchecking it and checking a different box is no big deal, but if three or more boxes are already checked, and I need to see only, say, Closed, I get irritated at having to UNcheck several boxes and check the one I need. I really think computers have made us MORE impatient -- we want everything to happen in the blink of an eye. Well, that's me, anyway. So I was thinking it would be nice to be able to go to Program Options and select two or more filters we'd like combined into a single checkbox. That way, instead of unchecking/rechecking three or four boxes, we'd just be checking/unchecking one box.

Thanks, tictictic

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/15/06 06:46 PM

Hi, there tictictic

I would have to say I like the Grid View as do my staff. And we use the Grid View every day numerous times. Not only for Invoices but Inventory Items and Auction lots.

As far as the viewing descriptions from Invoices, if my staff or I need to look at an Auction for some reason, we will click the Hammer (auction lot) Icon in the Invoice Items window, which takes us to the Auction lot. Then we'll go back to the invoice and finish our work.

I hear you loud and clear, computers have made us want it now. If I have a computer that doesn't move when a button is punched, off with its head and I'll replace it with something faster and beefier :o)

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/17/06 10:36 AM
Re: Seven Wishes [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi,

I have a question concerning the following:

An even better enhancement would be to enable the user to rightclick a Lot and select Change Status, Delete, Queue, etc.

Maybe I am not following you. If I put the Auction lots into Grid View, I can right click and Change the Status, Auction profile, Queue a long list of Auction lots or delete selected Auction lots. Is that what you mean?

Judy/blue

Ned
(stranger )
06/21/06 06:27 AM

"LISTING IN THE BACKGROUND:
Enable listing as a background activity, so a user could continue writing descriptions, adding images, editing templates, and so on. Perhaps this would require the listing function to be a separate application. Sometimes, I list a couple dozen auctions with a 5-minute delay between them. I'd like to be able to continue using AW during those delay periods."

Question, anyone: If I have a multi-user configuration, can one user be listing while another is writing-adding-editing?

Ned
(stranger )
06/21/06 06:29 AM
Re: Seven Wishes [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

"REPORT VIEWING/PRINTING:
When viewing a report such as Offline Lots sorted by Title, enable the user to select a Lot and switch back (Alt-Tab?) to the Lots window to make changes -- to change the Lot's Status or delete them. An even better enhancement would be to enable the user to rightclick a Lot and select Change Status, Delete, Queue, etc. Printing the Report is not a viable option -- in my case, it's 75 pages long. Or if that's not feasible, enable the user to select noncontiguous Lots from the list for printing."

Lemme see if I understand--you want an on-screen report to have links or hotspots?

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/21/06 10:24 PM
Re: Seven Wishes [re: Ned]  

Hi, Ned,

Hope you are doing well!!

Question about multi user configuration.

I have 7 computers, networked together. I can have 2 computers listing at the same time on different auction venues, someone loading email up front in shipping, logging in payments and sending email.

3 people can be in the back adding Inventory Items and someone on the other computer creating auction lots and queueing those auction lots all at the same time.

What you absolutely cannot do while anything else is working, is feedback. I have tried every possible scenario. Feedback must have sole use of the database while feedback is being submitted. You cannot be listing, loading or sending email, etc.

Updating the AW2K generated websites is a bit touchy. You can't list or update auctions while the websites are updating. But you can load and send email, add Inventory Items, log in payments OR
fold Thank you cards while updating the websites :o)

When beginning the listing process, only 1 computer can upload images at a time. As soon as the first computer completes uploading images, the 2nd computer can start uploading images.

I have tried enough combinations, created enough messes and errors it is a wonder poor Thom has any hair left :o)

Judy/blue

Ned
(stranger )
06/22/06 06:22 AM
Re: Seven Wishes [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks, Judy. This is the first time I've seen a detailed description of AW2000 used in a multi-employee environment.

Tictic, here's a good answer to your "LISTING IN THE BACKGROUND" wish:

Get a second computer (& license for AW2000). Set up your computers as a 2-user AW2000 environment. Be both users.

Now you can list and do something else at the same time.

If you now have a laptop, get a box. (Cheap) If you now have a box, get a laptop. (Added utility). Whatever additional hardware you choose, compare its cost to the value of your time and your increased productivity and I think you'll be able to justify it.

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/22/06 08:01 AM
Re: Seven Wishes [re: Ned]  

Hi, Ned,

You are correct. I use my laptop in my network all of the time. Usually during training in our conference room, but it works just fine. And a router as small as a 2 port would work for a PC and a laptop setup.

First you have to designate one of the computers as the "server". The instructions for networking are in the Help file. If the server is not running, no other computer can access AW2000. In fact, AW2K will not run on workstations unless the server is running. Did that make sense? :o)

I started to mention purchasing a laptop to tictic to solve the listing in background problem. I am glad you did. We added a second computer here (years ago) 30 days after I bought AW2000 and have been adding computers ever since. In fact, as soon as I upgrade one more computer in the back that is just the saddest excuse for a computer you will ever see, I am going to add 4 more computers.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads