Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 29543 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
GMhouse
(stranger )
06/23/06 08:12 PM
Attachment
How Long have you been using AW 2000?  

I started using AW 2000 in August 2002.

How about you?

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/23/06 08:25 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: GMhouse]  

Gary,

Gee Let's see. I have been using AW2000 since the end of August 2002.. It may have been 1st of Sept 2002. It has been a long time though.

How did you discover AW2000?

Judy/blue

GMhouse
(stranger )
06/23/06 08:35 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: bluepennylady]  

If I remeber correctly, I was searching all the auction software available. When I found this nothing could beat the price or features. I havn't wasted my time with anything else.

Gary

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/23/06 08:54 PM

Gary,

I like your attitude.

"I haven't wasted my time with anything else."

That is a true statement. I discovered Aw2000 auditing Auction management software for a couple of businesses. Since then I have done a lot of software Beta testing. Just finished with a group of Beta testers on another project. I have not found a single software program that touches AW2000 in features, flexibility, stability, to name a few.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/25/06 04:38 PM

I began using the beta version in, I believe, mid- to late-2000, and I paid for and registered the program in mid-2001.

Before using AW2000, I used AuctionAmigo. That program was an early effort to do what AW does, but it was a mess. Frequently froze up; updates were late in coming and often simply didn't work; customer service/tech support was minimal and slow. Eventually, the company just left the office and shut off the lights and disappeared. What a nightmare! And what a contrast with AW!

I consider myself very fortunate to have been pointed in the direction of AW before succumbing to the pressure to use eBay's in-house software. I love having all my auction records stored on MY OWN hard drive, and we all know by now that Thom is second to none in on-the-ball tech support and programming expertise. He just helped me through a 3-day mini-meltdown of my database (over a thousand descriptions suddenly went missing; by blind luck, I had a recent backup; was able to restore everything except for one or two -- whew!).

So anyway, I'm one of the old timers, I guess.

tictictic

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/25/06 04:54 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

tictictic,

Bless your heart. That would be a nightmare indeed. But you are so right. Thom can fix anything, I am totally convinced he can. I am really glad you had a backup of your database.

I am with you. I like having my information on my own computer. These web-based programs are for the birds. Today alone at Overstock, all these people using web-based programs had a major problem. It was not good.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/27/06 11:56 AM

Judy/blue asked: "How did you discover AW2000?"

I didn't discover it; Jacki did. Jacki was a very early fan of the program and promoted it to an email discussion group I used to belong to. So....thanks Jacki! Jacki also created the EZBoard AW forum.

tictictic

alsorts
(stranger )
06/27/06 10:07 PM

I've been using AW since about 1998/99 (somewhere in there). Since then I have purchased 3 licenses.

AW has grown alot since I first started using it. In the early years there were only Inventory, Auction Lots, Ledger & Email, NO Invoices. To combine multiple wins all you could do is manually create an email with all the winning items, single items were a breeze-with the mail merge into emails. To create an Auction Lot from an Inventory item a new Inventory item need to be created to match the Auction Lot (you could duplicate an Auction Lot), tracking quantities was hard to do. To do a search it was strickly from the highest Inventory/Auction Lot down (alot of find next). Listing auctions was pretty much the same as listing manually (if any body uses that option in the current version). All of this may seem archaic, but at the time this software was the greatest.

I look back at all the innovation that has gone into AW2K since then and I still think this is the greatest software out there.

Bob

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/28/06 06:00 AM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: alsorts]  

Bob,

Wow! You have been using AW2000 almost since the program was released for public use. How cool!

Judy/blue

GMhouse
(stranger )
07/07/06 01:16 PM

This is great everyone!! I would hope some of you post a link to your ebay stores, etc. It provides great inspiration for us all.
Looks like this board is going to really wake up.

Gary

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/07/06 01:28 PM

Gary,

Isn't it though! And if everyone will post hints and any questions they have, we can get answers and help us all. Besides, it is pretty neat to see how each AW2000 users actually uses all the functions and features. Never know, might learn something

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(stranger )
07/11/06 01:31 PM

OMG another Auction-Amigo user. I too used it and it was well sorta OK. I agree with you they were so slow with updates. But at least you kept your own data and didn't have to depend on someone else to keep it. Just before they folded up their tents and snuk away into the dark they had the program almost at a B- grade. I think with time maybe they would have been ok. So I was off and looking for software and I googled every kind of combination of auction, software, eBay and almost was ready to try "Please God Help". I have a friend that had me Beta a few systems but they were awful and all of them had web based software and I just didn't trust that. It seems as if I had set up accounts and passwords with all kinds of sites just to try out junk. But then I found AW2000 and downloaded the trial version - worked with it for 3 or 4 days and sent in my money. That was the best money I ever spent. Thom and his crew have made a lot of happy eBayers and their support is almost like having a person sitting right next to you. Guess we've come a long way from Auction Amigo huh? Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
07/11/06 02:04 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Like you said, AuctionAmigo held promise. They were, they claimed, about to come out with what I think they called their Enterprise edition, which was going to handle inventories as well as auctions. And they were building into the program the ability to track the stages of your auction sales. That was what we all needed so desperately - to be able to group transactions according to what stage they were in. AuctionAmigo never got the knots worked out and never launched the Enterprise edition (vaguely, I recall that they did, but that it was just a mess).

AW gives us filters for these stages -- Sold Not Shipped, Waiting Buyer Reply, Closed, etc. -- but to this day, I don't know of a program that actually ALERTS the seller that the time has come to take the next step (I think Amigo was heading in this direction). I'd like to see a program (I'd like to see AuctionWizard!) allow us to set up pop-up reminders that say "Check clearance period has transpired for the following invoices..." or "Time to ship Lots #..." or "Payments are more than 3 days late for the following invoices..." or "Your settings indicate you may wish to relist the following Lots...". Do you think this sounds like a good idea, or do you think it would just be annoying?

Sue (tictictic on eBay)

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/11/06 04:04 PM

Hi Sue,

There is a method of sending "Second Notice emails." You can set the date you want by going into Program Options | Invoices tab. The first box "Invoice window" allows you to select the date x if the buyer does not respond. Then all you have to do is go to Tasks | Send Second Notice email. Only those emails will appear.

As far as the Check Clearance period. You might consider when you log in payments to set the ship date for the clearance date. Then everyday go to Task | Print Shipping Labels and Invoices. The dialogue box that appears allows you to select today or whatever's date you choose. Only invoices that are "Waiting to Ship" within the specified time frame will appear in the "Print Lables and Invoices" pane. All the invoices scheduled to be shipped will appear.

We use this routine on a daily basis. My staff will put the Printed invoices into numeric order and double check them off against the displayed list in AW2000.

You can also use "Reports" to keep track of those invoices that need attention. I have tons of reports customized for my particular needs.

Just a thought.

Judy/blue

scalesusa
(stranger )
08/13/06 06:49 AM

I started using Auction Wizard before it became AW2000, probably back in 1999 or so. I had been using Auction Trakker, which did not have a listing option then. At the time, Auction Wizard was and still is the best value.

My main business has outgrown AW2000, but I still use it for personal items and keep about 200 items in a ebay store. The reliability of Auction wizard should be its real selling feature, I have used a lot of different auction software, and nothing comes close to the excellence in coding and reliability of the software. Support is also way out in front of all others I've tried, but I have only had to use it 2 or maybe 3 times.

I'm looking forward to the new version using the api calls. this can potentially allow a huge number of new features to be implemented. For example, the ability to revise running auctions, launch ebay store items to auction, and even integrate payments.

Ed

bluepennylady
(member)
08/14/06 01:46 AM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: scalesusa]  

Hi,

Wow! You have been using AW2K for a very long time. You have seen a ton of changes and new features.

I couldn't agree more, AW2K is very reliable and stable. Some of the other software is not only unreliable and the tech support is absolutely horrible. Not that the tech support does not respond, because some of them do respond quickly. It's they do not know what they are doing. If the program needs a patch or something, sometimes there will be 3 or 4 patches to fix the patch.

I am looking forward to the API version as well. And my bet is whatever new features added, those new features will be implemented with the same high degree of excellence as anything else that has been implemented.

Judy/blue

donbaker55
(stranger )
08/17/06 02:50 PM

August 2001 for me, sine then I've added two mor liscences and I network. My how time fly's when you are having fun.. or are to busy to read a calendar ;)

Don
bargainsweeper

bluepennylady
(member)
08/17/06 03:17 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: donbaker55]  

Don,

Isn't that the truth. Can't hardly turn around twice we are so busy. Good thing. I would rather be busy than not.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads