Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 29542 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
GMhouse
(stranger )
06/23/06 08:12 PM
Attachment
How Long have you been using AW 2000? new  

I started using AW 2000 in August 2002.

How about you?

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/23/06 08:25 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: GMhouse]  

Gary,

Gee Let's see. I have been using AW2000 since the end of August 2002.. It may have been 1st of Sept 2002. It has been a long time though.

How did you discover AW2000?

Judy/blue

GMhouse
(stranger )
06/23/06 08:35 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? new [re: bluepennylady]  

If I remeber correctly, I was searching all the auction software available. When I found this nothing could beat the price or features. I havn't wasted my time with anything else.

Gary

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/23/06 08:54 PM

Gary,

I like your attitude.

"I haven't wasted my time with anything else."

That is a true statement. I discovered Aw2000 auditing Auction management software for a couple of businesses. Since then I have done a lot of software Beta testing. Just finished with a group of Beta testers on another project. I have not found a single software program that touches AW2000 in features, flexibility, stability, to name a few.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/25/06 04:38 PM

I began using the beta version in, I believe, mid- to late-2000, and I paid for and registered the program in mid-2001.

Before using AW2000, I used AuctionAmigo. That program was an early effort to do what AW does, but it was a mess. Frequently froze up; updates were late in coming and often simply didn't work; customer service/tech support was minimal and slow. Eventually, the company just left the office and shut off the lights and disappeared. What a nightmare! And what a contrast with AW!

I consider myself very fortunate to have been pointed in the direction of AW before succumbing to the pressure to use eBay's in-house software. I love having all my auction records stored on MY OWN hard drive, and we all know by now that Thom is second to none in on-the-ball tech support and programming expertise. He just helped me through a 3-day mini-meltdown of my database (over a thousand descriptions suddenly went missing; by blind luck, I had a recent backup; was able to restore everything except for one or two -- whew!).

So anyway, I'm one of the old timers, I guess.

tictictic

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/25/06 04:54 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

tictictic,

Bless your heart. That would be a nightmare indeed. But you are so right. Thom can fix anything, I am totally convinced he can. I am really glad you had a backup of your database.

I am with you. I like having my information on my own computer. These web-based programs are for the birds. Today alone at Overstock, all these people using web-based programs had a major problem. It was not good.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
06/27/06 11:56 AM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy/blue asked: "How did you discover AW2000?"

I didn't discover it; Jacki did. Jacki was a very early fan of the program and promoted it to an email discussion group I used to belong to. So....thanks Jacki! Jacki also created the EZBoard AW forum.

tictictic

alsorts
(stranger )
06/27/06 10:07 PM

I've been using AW since about 1998/99 (somewhere in there). Since then I have purchased 3 licenses.

AW has grown alot since I first started using it. In the early years there were only Inventory, Auction Lots, Ledger & Email, NO Invoices. To combine multiple wins all you could do is manually create an email with all the winning items, single items were a breeze-with the mail merge into emails. To create an Auction Lot from an Inventory item a new Inventory item need to be created to match the Auction Lot (you could duplicate an Auction Lot), tracking quantities was hard to do. To do a search it was strickly from the highest Inventory/Auction Lot down (alot of find next). Listing auctions was pretty much the same as listing manually (if any body uses that option in the current version). All of this may seem archaic, but at the time this software was the greatest.

I look back at all the innovation that has gone into AW2K since then and I still think this is the greatest software out there.

Bob

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/28/06 06:00 AM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? [re: alsorts]  

Bob,

Wow! You have been using AW2000 almost since the program was released for public use. How cool!

Judy/blue

GMhouse
(stranger )
07/07/06 01:16 PM
Re: How Long have you been using AW 2000? [re: bluepennylady]  

This is great everyone!! I would hope some of you post a link to your ebay stores, etc. It provides great inspiration for us all.
Looks like this board is going to really wake up.

Gary

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads