Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 4173 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/09/06 02:05 PM
AW2K versus web-base application  

Hi, all,

So many people have asked why I prefer using AW2000, a computer based application, over a web-based application. There are so many web-base applications that appear to do so much. Or claim to make your Auction management life so easy. Their claims and their appearance is not all they are cracked up to be.

Just today another web-based application made an announcement their users would be offline “hopefully only 3 to 4 days” as they move the application to another provider. The application does not have its own server. Nor do they offer a backup utility for their users. The application relies on another provider for server space. Which opens up a whole other can of worms.

A business week is still considered 5 days, Monday thru Friday. 4 days would be just about the entire week. I don’t know about anyone else but being offline 25% of the month would impact my bottom line. And a bottom line is hard enough to maintain without this kind of aggravation.

I’ll be happy to share at another time the reliability, stability, security, feature and tech support aspects of web-based applications I have encountered while Beta testing, if anyone is interested. Today, I am just so glad I use Auction Wizard to manage my Online business. So very glad.

Judy/blue

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads