Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6725 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

zookz
(stranger )
09/03/02 10:02 AM
Using AW2000 on Computer and Laptop  

Hello! I've always ran AW2000 on my desktop computer. I recently purchased a new laptop. My question is: How do I install AW2000 on my laptop? and can I synch the info from one with the other? Thanks

Radar5756
(stranger )
09/04/02 03:05 PM
Re: Using AW2000 on Computer and Laptop new [re: zookz]  

Hi,
You can Network Auction Wizard 2000 found in the help files. That might be a alterant route to take then loading 2 copys.

Bill

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/05/02 01:15 PM
Re: Using AW2000 on Computer and Laptop new [re: zookz]  

The only way to synchronize data between 2 computers that are not sharing their Auction Wizard 2000 databases via a network is to move the database back and forth between the computers. Here's how to move the database to another computer (Auction Wizard 2000 must already be installed on both computers):

1. Back up the database (Start | Programs | Auction Wizard 2000 | Backup Database).

2. Copy the backup file to the other computer using a CD-R or a large capacity removeable disk.

3. Restore the backup on the other computer (Start | Programs | Auction Wizard 2000 | Restore Database).

In order for this to work correctly you must move the database each time you switch computers. For example, when you finish working on your desktop computer and you want to work on your laptop, move the database to your laptop. When you finish working on your laptop and you want to work on your desktop, move the database back to your desktop.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads