Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 26441 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/12/07 03:02 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: substance292]  

Hi, all,

More on Google Base---

After you have signed up for Google Base and edited all your personal information, you will want to sign up for Google checkout. Now you can't use Google Checkout on eBay. But nothing says you can't use Google Checkout for all the buyers that are emailing you directly to request more product.

Your buyers are emailing you requesting additional product?? And since you use AW2000, a click on the "+" on the Invoices toolbar, enter in their email address and you have a new Invoice. click the "+" button located directly above the Invoice Items field and you can add anything the buyer wants to their Invoice. Then you can send them to Google Checkout to pay. No Paypal fees

If you use the sign up for "Google checkout" that is on the other services page, it signs you up like you are a buyer, instead of a seller.

I suggest you post one item to Google Base and sign up for Google Checkout then. Since you are a seller, you should sign up for a merchant/business account. You will need either your Federal ID number or Social Security number to complete the Google Checkout sign up. And then you have to wait 3 to 5 days for Google to deposit a few pennies into your bank account in order to verify your Google checkout account. Just like you did when you signed up for Paypal.

Judy/blue

substance292
(journeyman)
01/12/07 03:05 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: bluepennylady]  

Wow Judy, it's awesome that you got a real response! I will send them a suggestion.

http://www.JewelryByCherDesigns.com

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/12/07 03:17 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: substance292]  

Cher,

It wasn't a "fast as Thom" response. Took about day and half to receive it. But it was not automated. There was even a typo in it so I knew a real life person had responded

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/15/07 06:23 AM

Judy:
With all that's going on with O/S let's keep our fingers crossed that GoogleBase acts before there is nothing left of O/S. It's so sad to see O/S going downhill as quickly as it is. I hope they can revive it and keep it going as a vital site. I've noticed that people on O/S (buyers) are not necessarily the same as those that frequent eBay.

The people at GoogleBase are very proactive aren't they? They reply with real live emails - nothing canned or formlettery.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/15/07 07:07 AM
Re: Google Base new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

No the buyers on Overstock are usually not the same. I spent a great deal of time encouraging my buyers to bid on my Overstock auctions. Several of my regular buyers did register and bid. but for the most part, new and different type of buyer.

And I hope Google base turns out to be a viable options as well. That would be so good.

So far the Google tech seems to be real active. I have been impressed. OF course they don't respond in the lightning fast speed as Auction Wizard tech, but for a big company, it is impressive.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/15/07 07:15 AM

Judy:

I don't think any tech support can match what Thom and his team do. Way back when - I had just started using aw2k (had paid for it al all) and I had a crash. I think it was several days after I had paid for the program. So I thought I'll just reinstall. Didn't work. Sent Thom an email. And it wasn't more than 15 minutes and I had a reply. He gave me step by step instructions what to do. That didn't really help. He asked for a log file and so I sent it off. About 2 hours later he sent me an email with a link to a patch. I downloaded and applied the patch and was back up and running. All in all it was probably 4 to 5 hours after the first email was sent by me - and I was back up and running. That was a Sunday!!

It just doesn't get any better than that - I've never had support like that - even live phone help has never been that good with any vendor. The program itself is great but the Tech support makes for an unbeatable situation for auction management IMHO.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/15/07 07:35 AM
Re: Google Base new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

100% of my experiences with Auction Wizard tech support have been the exact same. Thom has bailed me out of some terrible messes I have made.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/16/07 01:10 PM

Hi, All,

If you use the Google Bast Store Connector, an update has been released. They have added the ability to delete any Items that are not eBay Store items which works out very well. Don't have to spend so much time deleting items that are Not Sold or already Sold.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/06/07 01:53 PM

HI, all,

For those of you using Google Base, just a reminded to keep your items updated by uploading at least once a week. Uploading once a week keeps your Auctions refreshed in Google Base.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads